PDA

View Full Version : today i have............. wednesday

marie1974
21-05-08, 14:30
hiya ive put this up for lindy today as she not been able too, but its a place for achievements same as she normally does every day :hugs: lindy

never2late
21-05-08, 14:42
Well, in a few hours I have a meeting over at the University. I have a hard time with the sterile settings of hallways and meeting rooms, and really feel like I'm on another planet. When people come to meet me here, I meet with them out in the garden . . . with roses, flowers and birds singing. Parking garages, concrete, flourescent lighting, plastic potted plants and cheap shoes, aren't the things I'm looking forward to, but must find a way to endure for ninety minutes. So that's my challenge today. Afterward I have a wonderful dinner planned and an evening of quiet conversation and relaxation as the sun sets.

marie1974
21-05-08, 14:45
hiya sounds wonderful and as for the rest im sure you will be fine:winks:
keep us posted and let us know how it goes, but not to much on that lovely dinner u will make me jealous:D
:hugs: stay strong

kazzie
21-05-08, 14:47
Is Lindy ok Donna:hugs:

Kaz x:hugs:

Cathy V
21-05-08, 14:56
Hey never-2-late.... cheap shoes are all some of us can afford to wear:foot: Enjoy your dinner.

Lindy, sorry you can't be with us today
Best wishes
Cathy xxx :hugs:

mtatum4496
21-05-08, 15:32
Never2late, hang in there. You can do it.

Lindy, sorry you cannot be with us today - I hope you are doing okay, and that something pleasant is keeping you otherwise occupied today.

I have a minor success to report for today. To my horror, I realized this last evening that my driver's license expires next week. The idea of having to stand in line and go through the process of renewing the license filled me with dread.

Still, I resolved not to put it off, even though my state does have a thirty day grace period. Fortunately, there is a location of the probate office that is not too far from my home, and in a part of town that is relatively calm. I got there this morning just as the office opened. As a result, there were only two people ahead of me.

I had taken a lesser amount of the dosage range of the Xanax I am on, to fortify me for the task. I probably should have taken a little more, but I try to get by with as little of it as I can manage. Fortunately, they no longer require that you stand in line; you take a number and can be seated, or walk around in a common area and wait to be called. I chose to walk around until they called my number. Being able to move about helped a great deal.

All told, it took a half hour to get in, renew the license, and get out. My anxiety level immediately began to drop once I was back in the car (for some reason, the anxiety never gets past a certain point when I am in the safety of my car - guess my agoraphobia views the car as being a safe place). Right now I am worn out, but also rather pleased with myself for getting this task done today and not putting it off.

never2late
21-05-08, 15:43
Hey never-2-late.... cheap shoes are all some of us can afford to wear:foot: Enjoy your dinner.

Hey Cathy . . . I'm very sorry if my post offended you, or others, in any way. I'm human, it's something that I am anxious about today, and I'll admit it was a bad choice of words, or phrase, while venting about it. It sounds elitist and arrogant on my part upon re-reading.

Cathy V
21-05-08, 15:59
No probs Nev' it was said tongue in cheek...or 'boot in mouth' haha! We won't sweat the small stuff :D

Good luck with your meeting
Cathy V.

marie1974
21-05-08, 16:52
hi kaz i think she just struggling today but she emailed me and i think shes ok
hugs xxx

marie1974
21-05-08, 16:54
mtatum very welldone u :hugs:

nevertolate dont u worry about offending people u r lovely :hugs:

hi cathy hope u well:hugs:

kazzie
21-05-08, 17:13
Cheers Donna:hugs:

Kaz x:hugs:

pooh
21-05-08, 17:13
Hi lindy Hope you are ok! I miss your avatar..always makes me want to be sitting right in the middle of that beautiful little oasis of a garden. Today I have just finished my 3 rd day of my new job! Was in training to do with alcohol induced brain injuries. It was very interesting. Going out this evening to do volunteer respite for my old client. I miss her and her family! Will probably bake cakes tonight too. Well done on everyones achievements so far today. Pooh xx

marie1974
21-05-08, 17:21
hi pooh wow thats great a very challenging job i imagine, mmm i love the smell of baked fairy cakes:yesyes: u making me hungry. i think u are doing really well hun and give yourself a very big :hugs: and yes i luv lindys pic of the garden too, i hope she back tomorrow as everyone misses here

marie1974
21-05-08, 20:26
just to let u know as i know quite a few people have been asking lindy is fine, she just emailed me, she just feeling abit fragile today but hopefully she will be back tomorrow after good night sleep, shes a tough cookie and i know she will be ok xxxxxxxx