PDA

View Full Version : Participants still needed - please help!

adr
21-05-08, 15:55
PARTICIPANTS STILL NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO ANXIETY

We are a group of researchers based at the University of Essex in Colchester, looking for people who are experiencing significant anxiety problems to take part in our study. The study examines how a simple computerised programme may affect your anxiety. We hope to eventually develop a new computer programme that may be used to help individuals with anxiety disorder.

If you are interested in participating, you will be asked to undertake a brief assessment that will further explore the anxiety that you experience. If you do then decide to take part, you will be asked to respond to some questionnaires and complete some computer tasks.

You will be paid for your time and reimbursed for any travel expenses.

For further information and /or to take part please contact Anna Ridgewell or Kelly Garner on 01206 873784 or email clinstudy@essex.ac.uk.

Pink Panic
21-05-08, 17:10
Hi

Do we have to be in Colchester to participate or can we do the study on-line?

Regards,
Pink

PUGLETMUM
21-05-08, 18:43
was gonna ask the same thing pink! have you mailed them this question? i think with them saying they will reimburse any travel expenses they must need ppl to go there? am always inrtersested to get involved with the studies going on:yesyes: hope we can do this one?

Pink Panic
21-05-08, 18:55
Hi Emma,

Nope never emailed them, just put the question on here in the hope they will clarify things. What i was thinking was that maybe they only wanted people to go there for certain bits of the studies and others could be done on-line.
Yeah it's good to get involved in studies like this. I'm even thinking of going on Jeremy Kyle to get close to Graham!!! LOL :blush:

Hope you are doing ok? I'm getting about and doing stuff on my own now, just doing it gradually.... baby steps and all that! CBT is certainly helping too. :yesyes:

Pink
xxx

PUGLETMUM
22-05-08, 18:06
:yesyes: brill, pink!!!!! thats fab to hear!!!!:yesyes: who is graham?:shrug:

adr
30-05-08, 15:55
Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in our study. Unfortunately we can't email any of it to you - participants do need to come to the University of Essex in Colchester, but it is only for one session (which shouldn't last longer than 2 and 1/2 hours) and we will pay you for participating and reimburse your travel expenses.

If you would like further information please email us at clinstudy@essex.ac.uk.

Thank you!
Anna

adr
30-05-08, 16:27
By the way, our website is now up and running, so for further information and a form to fill out your details if you are interested in participating, please visit:

http://www.essex.ac.uk/psychology/anxietystudy/default.htm (http://www.essex.ac.uk/psychology/anxietystudy/default.htm)

Thank you!
Anna