PDA

View Full Version : Effexor Withdrawal

jo61
21-05-08, 16:27
Hi everyone. I've whinged and moaned on for the past 18 months about trying to get off Effexor. I can now report that it's been almost a month since I took my last tablet. After trying to reduce it and failing several times, my doctor put me on Prozac in its place and it's been a while since I've felt better. I'm now coming off the Prozac (much longer half life) without any problem. :yahoo:

Southern_Belle
22-05-08, 01:00
Jo, congratulations!!! I personally know how difficult it is to go off meds and it is no picnic, you should be very proud of yourself. Well done.

Many hugs,

Laura

Cathy V
22-05-08, 01:10
I agree with laura, it can be a nightmare coming off certain meds, so really happy for you that youve managed to do it...well done! Can you explain what you mean by 'half life' please? ive seen this written by other ppl but not sure what it means. Thanks

Cathy xxx :)

chalky
22-05-08, 07:44
Hi Jo,

Congratulations on your achievement!!!
I can still remember coming off Effexor.Absence does not make the heart grow fonder,lol.
Keep up the great work!
Best wishes,
Chalky

juanna
22-05-08, 09:17
Well done; i had terrible trouble when i came off effexor so i know what you went through....:)

jo61
22-05-08, 10:15
Cathy, here's a definition. Basically the shorter the half life the more difficult it is to come off the medication. Effexor is very short, Prozac quite long.

Definition:
A medication's half-life is the time it takes for the plasma concentration of a drug to reach half of its original concentration. More simply put, the half-life of a drug is how long it takes for half of it to be eliminated from the bloodstream