PDA

View Full Version : I know I posted yesterday, really need a little help

Emira7
22-05-08, 08:17
Hey

Well I feel terrible, I posted yesterday about the fear of blood clots. I am petrified that I may have one. I made a fatal error yesterday and googled. :ohmy: and totally and utterly scared the living daylights out of myself.
I initially googled to look at flight socks and guidelines, this led into stories about people with no symptoms, or same leg pain as me.
I just don't know what to do. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said its a pinched nerve, but I read on one of the sites that this has been said to them before and it was actually a DVT.

I have to fly tomorrow and I just don't think I can do it. I feel a nervous wreck. The pain in my left leg is hurting, I am getting it in my calf, and I am petrified. To top it all good old palpitations have come back :-(

I have a meeting at a hospital this morning and I am that tempted to go and get checked out as there is an A & E department, but scared of looking like a fool - as usual when I go to the docs/hospital.

i booked a chiropracter appointment for later today to see if she can help in the short term.

I just can't stand this at all. :weep:

manmoor
22-05-08, 08:49
Emira hun :hugs:

I know what you mean I too am off to Birmingham tomorrow with hubby to visit my brother for the weekend and I'm dreading the flight :wacko: I don't normally fear flying but when my anxiety is high like this I dread everything. Do you know Emira hun we're our own worst enemies tormenting ourselves day and daily instead of looking forward to getting away for a wee break eh :hugs: PM me if you wanna chat hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxx

Jaco45er
22-05-08, 09:00
Ladies :)

You know you are letting your minds run riot don't you?

Emira if it does take a trip to A & E to re-assure you then consider it, but I think you know deep down it's the damn anxiety that's keeping you in this state.

How many people fly each day? and how many contract DVT? I wager the percentage is miniscule.

I know exactly how you are feeling, I used to get stabbing chest pains and was convinced it was my heart, but now I realise it was just me focusing on it.

I hope you can overcome this fear enough to get on the plane, then have a relaxing holiday.

Remember, with health anxiety, it's DVT today, and something else tomorrow, but it's all a phantom, it's the way we think.

Good luck xx

Jaco

JennyW
22-05-08, 09:12
naughty, naughty for googling :lac: . DVT can happen to patients laid up in hospital beds, people who drive all day, every day for a living - it's not just for people on flights.

Best thing to do if you really are concerned is to wear the support socks and walk around the cabin every half hour or so during your flight. Also whilst seated, just rotate your ankles and move your legs a little, ie toe to heel lifts. I recently flew to canada (9 hours) :ohmy: and we were all fine :)

juanna
22-05-08, 09:23
Hi
I completely understand you're anxiety; but wear your flight socks ;walk about, do your leg exercises; and drink plenty of water & you'll be fine. Also the good thing is; that the crews on aircraft are very aware now of dvt; and the risks so they will give you advice and reassurance, and there's usually at least one crew member; with a medical background.. Enjoy your break away & let us know how it went...:)

Emira7
22-05-08, 13:08
hey all

Well I made it through my meeting, walked through the hospital and even though the temptation was massive, I did not go to A & E, and despite being sat in a room of doctors - whom I wanted to ask to check me over give advice etc.. I didn't - I couldn't anyway, be totally unprofessional.

I am in pain in my tummy round my back, my head, my goodness I am making myself ill, I am going to be a complete and utter nightmare tomorrow morning.

I am going to see a Chiropracter later, about the aches and pains, as I feel mis aligned (in more ways than 1:D )

The googling why did I do it, I always tell everyone else not to and its been a couple of months since I last goggled, as I know how awful it makes me feel.

I want to enjoy this holiday, but my head is running away, and I keep wanting to go back to the doctor, and I am totally paranoid.
One of my big fears is getting ill on the plane and it having to be diverted because I have to go to hospital.

I wish there was something I could do to make ME feel better.

I am the same Manmoor, I am dreading everything, every little detail. Even worrying about sunstroke/dehydration, everything....

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply - means alot :flowers:

xxx