PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Carla08
22-05-08, 13:54
Hi everyone :)
I hope you are all as well as can be. I have not been on the site for over a week, but in that time an awful lot has happened. I am now back with my boyfriend, I ended up in hospital with the most extreme anxiety attack/sickness, I am moving in with boyfriend and going back to work and things like that lol
The gp prescribed me Diazepam and for me anyway its the best thing ever. In the space of 1 week, I am back to how I used to be. I feel like a whole new person. I cannot believe the new me!!! So far I have had no sicky side effects, and just get a bit of sleepiness, but my whole world has changed in 1 week. The anxiety has gone, the agoraphobia has gone and I am the calmest I have ever been. Compared to how I was 2 weeks ago I am a whole new person and I love it. I am going back to work too! I dont get the embarrassed awkward social anxiety anymore. Maybe it is due to the Diazepam I dont know but all I do know is that I never thought I would recover and I am doing!!! I hit rock bottom and ended up last week in hospital and then suddenly I just bounced right back with the help of this medication. I dont take a high dosage just a small amount daily. I hate taking medication but I now realise that in order for me to function fully mentally that I have to take it and life is too short to be so miserable, anxious and agoraphobic as I was. I dont want to sound like I am crowing but after spending over a year being as I was, I just am so happy. Maybe this will give hope to someone else. I hope so. This site was a godsend to me and for that and the lovely kind caring helpful people who took time out to reply to me and helped me I want to say a big Thank You because I never ever thought I would feel like I used to over a year ago.
Love to you all

Southern_Belle
22-05-08, 15:11
Hi Carla,

I am happy that you are feeling so much better. I have not personally taken that medication but I know that it does help with anxiety. I wish you continued success.

Many hugs,

Laura

marie1974
22-05-08, 16:25
hiya carla and welldone hun you have done yourself proud :hugs:
i hope you continue to feel better and stay positive and although the meds help it just shows how strong u are :yesyes:
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :bighug1:

blackie
23-05-08, 20:21
Hiya
nice one hun. i am glad you are feeling better and starting to get your life back. I belive the med you on is great for short term use although it is addictive if taken for too long. Dont mean to sound negitive but just a thought.
All the best
Blackie

Pickle
23-05-08, 20:38
Hi Carla, I'm so glad you are feeling better :hugs:

I've never used diazepam but have been prescribed oxazepam during extreme periods of anxiety. I only ever take them for five days, reducing the dose until the 5th day - I've been told by my doctor that they are highly addictive so I only take them as prescribed.

That said, they are great for getting me over the first horrific days of the anxiety and make me feel that I can, and will, get over this horrible condition.

Take care

x