PDA

View Full Version : Left shoulder pain?

Charlottie
22-05-08, 18:54
Keep getting a sharp pain in my left shoulder, used to be when I ran in cold weather but now I get it while I'm resting.

Is this an anxiety symptom?

I do know that the nerve in your diaphragm links to the left shoulder which is why I feel stitch in my shoulder when I run. And at the moment I'm hungry so maybe my stomach is irritating that nerve maybe? I'm going to the nurses tomorrow so I'll ask about it I just need reassuring. The doctor has listened to my chest twice and never heard anything so I doubt it's my heart but you know what it's like, thinkng the worse.

Charlottie
22-05-08, 20:56
no-one?

Trixie
22-05-08, 21:51
What does the pain feel like when you are in bed?

Charlottie
22-05-08, 22:09
I don't have it in bed.

pinkpenny1uk
22-05-08, 22:31
hiya,

i get a lot of shoulder pai in both shoulders. i think some of it is because i suffer alot with acid reflux and trapped wind, and also because i tense up due to being anxious about it. i think u would do well just to speak to a nurse or doc about it, if for nothing but to give you peace of mind.

all the best
pen xx

Charlottie
22-05-08, 22:52
Thanks, it's always in my left shoulder, a very sharp pain as if it's stitch. I'll ask my nurse tomorrow.

Trixie
23-05-08, 06:05
I don't have it in bed.

I asked this because I suffer from 'frozen shoulders' (lifting all those patients) and at night it is worse. I have had physio' and steroid injections and finally manipulation under general anaesthetic but still.................:shrug: