PDA

View Full Version : Today - Is It Agoraphobia or Just In A Nesting Mood?

mtatum4496
22-05-08, 19:29
I'm in an unusual state today, and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

For some reason I cannot fathom, my anxiety seems to have backed off a little today (and believe me, I am counting that part as a real blessing). I am a little tired, since I did not sleep as well last night as I have recently, but not too bad. I've done the work assignments I had planned for today, completed my exercises, and been out on my daily bicycle ride around the neighborhood with no problems.

What is different today is I seem to have a strong desire to stay in for the remainder of the day. This is not the same feeling that I have when I am agitated about stepping outside and going somewhere. I am not sure exacly how to describe it, but instead of being afraid to go out into the world, I seem to be craving staying in and enjoying my home.

It is almost like the feelings I used to have after I had been on a trip and had just arrived home. I used to time my returns home for a Friday, so I could lounge around the house on Saturday and enjoy some peace and quiet after being on the run.

I'm a little leery of this feeling, since I have not had it in so long. Usually, it is clearly a matter of being afraid to go out, not a want to stay in.

Does this make sense to anyone? And has anyone else found themselves in the same boat?

Cathy V
22-05-08, 20:16
Hi there mt, your symptoms seem to be very much the same as one of your fellow americans on nmp, i'm sure you know him, his user name is never2late? In fact his life on the road and how he copes with his 'possible' agoraphobia and anx also sounds very similar. Maybe you two could get together and swop ideas?

Just a thought....hope it helps

Cathy :)