PDA

View Full Version : Did This Help?

haze
22-05-08, 20:48
Been suffering PA for 13 years on and off, for the past 2 years i have been agoraphobic only able to go to a friends house over the road for a max if 10-15 mins or a little walk down the road, i have tried to go to the shop on the next street but never made it.
However today i decided to fix my sons old bike up then i got on it and went for a ride, went in the next street past the shop (was shut) then up the road back to home. I only had a very very slight panic which passed within seconds rather than minutes. Wondering if it was the fact that my mind was on other things like steering and traffic etc taking my mind of panicing.
:shrug:
Now the only thing wrong is i'm absolutely shattered having not had much excersise in the last 2 years lol

bluebell68
22-05-08, 22:07
Hi ... sounds like a great idea and i have always found focusing on something when i am feeling panic symptoms helps me to get thru it and carry on. I don't suffer with agrophobia but if you have managed to achieve what you have today, then maybe this is the key for you....:yesyes: . I hope that this has given you the confidence to build on todays success...
Take Care
Rachel
:hugs:

kazzie
22-05-08, 22:13
Hi:D

My sister has bad PAs and she cycles everywhere and is fine:D

Strange:shrug:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

marie1974
23-05-08, 00:31
hiya exercise is a great idea i brisk walk everyday and it got rid of my depression and most of my anxietys, also after few weeks of being knackered, i was more positive, happier, motivated and lost a stone too, keep up good work hugs xx

Cathy V
23-05-08, 01:13
So is it that all this exercise uses up the adrenaline that causes the anx or panics? Coz we're always being told that our anx or panics or ectopics can be brought on by the adrenaline bombing around inside of us, so it makes sense. This might explain why i felt so good after i'd had that swim last week...notice i said 'that swim' like i only do it once a year! I'll try to keep it up, and the walking too if i can.

Cathy xx :chairfall: sorry this was the closest i could get to step-aerobics i could find!