PDA

View Full Version : User names

freakedout
23-05-08, 01:40
Hello everyone,

I just wondered what is the significance of your user names, I guess some are obvious and self-explanatory. I was feeling very freaked out when I first joined nmp. I have just been killing a bit of time, and feeling a bit freaked out again to be honest. I googled freak, and found this on Wikipedia

"In current usage, the word freak is usually used to refer to a person with something unusual about their appearance or behaviour. It can also denote a strong obsession with a particular activity, e.g., "He's such a neat-freak" or "You're a singing freak". The term "freaky" can also apply to a person who is sexually adventurous, or by itself as in "She's a freak in bed".

Hmmm, so what do ya think of that!!!

Freaky:winks:

Jaco45er
23-05-08, 06:31
Mine is not because I am 45 and a massive Micheal Jackson fan ;).

Jaco short for Jacobite, 45 is for the year 1745 and the "ers" for the 45ers.

It is reference to the rebel Jacobites who, under the command of Bonnie Prince Charlie, led an uprising invading England (as for as Derby) and finally defeated in 1746 at Culloden in the last land battle on British soil.

"Such is the connection between 1745 and the rising in the Gaelic mindset, that the '45 is known as Bliadhna Theàrlaich (Charles' Year) in Scottish Gaelic"

Jaco

manmoor
23-05-08, 06:35
Mine is the first part of my name and the first part of my surname :D And my dumbo aviator is... well I will let you work that our for yourself lol :doh: xxx

pooh
23-05-08, 07:00
mine is an old family nick name...my first name is Lynne and i was called Lynney the Pooh when i was little. Still get called Pooh by immediate family members lol

milly jones
23-05-08, 09:16
thanks for sharing those,

i really enjoyed reading them

its a really interesting thread

mill x

thevoicewithinme
23-05-08, 09:20
Mine is quite self explanatory really..there was a voice within me calling out for help...hence how thevoicewithinme came to be.

I usually use another nickname, one that many people know me by which is Minxy...was given this a few years back by some biker friends...and even have it tattooed on me :ohmy: but didn't think it quite apt for on here :winks:

Kaz

lorac
23-05-08, 09:30
Mine is very boring really it's just my name spelt backwards

Carol

teabag
23-05-08, 09:38
Mine is teabag because i drink tea all day(several different types) and whenever there is a crisis my dad puts the kettle on and we have a cup of tea before making any decisions. Steadys the nerves apparantely. teabag

Pink Panic
23-05-08, 09:45
Mine is because i love pink and panic is my problem.

Someone on here asked me if it was because i turned pink when i was in a panic .... i'm not sure as i never check but i probably do !! :wacko:

Love to you all :hugs:

PUGLETMUM
23-05-08, 10:15
:) hi when i joined i had lost all ability to be inventive or witty with my username. mine is my first name and the first letter of my second name - sarah.

however i was very briefly given a nickname by the boyfriend of an old friend which was emma-s ,so you would say it plural emma? thats how you should say my username, if you ever do:winks: :blush:

IrishPrincess
23-05-08, 11:41
Mine is because i'm Irish and because I'm a Princess:D ,joking,lol,my bf calls me princess.

Jaco45er
23-05-08, 11:56
Is your bf mental? ;)

jo61
23-05-08, 12:12
Mine is completely random, I picked Jo out of the air but I was born in 1961! Great thread

Hope 2
23-05-08, 12:18
Hi Guys

I have been peein me pants at this thread nice one Freaky :shades: .
Maybe u and Kaz shud join forces with the references to, well erm, :whiplash:
Jaco, no moonwalking then, well funny wot u sed.
I was 'madaboutbono' for a couple of days, being new to the th'intahnet.
Folk asked me if that (bono bit) was after dog on Blue Peter another was dog biscuit (bonio) I laffed me socks off. Then some said oh it's that eeejet from U2.
So in answer to the original question...........Hope 2 is .......... Hope 2......get better :doh:

Cheery Bye
Hope xx

bottleblond
23-05-08, 12:24
Fab thread. Mine is quite boring, My blonde hair ain't natural but from a bottle. But Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone!! :winks:

Lisa
xxxxx

IrishPrincess
23-05-08, 14:25
He has to call me princess jaco or else he gets chinese burns:D ,did i read right jaco u love michael jackson,the hell u gave me for liking the spice girls he is the king of POP,next u'll be saying u love britney:D

Cathy V
23-05-08, 14:28
...and mine is Cathy from Catherine, and the V bit is taken from my german great-grandfather who came over to settle in liverpool many years ago. His surname was Westersiel, which is my mums maiden name, but the germans pronounce their W's as V's...and as i am now living in germany i thought i'd use it!

Cathy V xxx :emot-blink:

dawny
23-05-08, 15:17
Jaco....iwas Really Impressed With Your User Name....well Thought Out....i Live On The The Isle Of Skye, But I Dont Speak Gaelic....yet

Dawny.....is For Dawn.....boring

Lilith1980
23-05-08, 15:41
OK mine is a bit weird lol

My b/f likes things quite dark and occult - but only to read about or watch on TV. He's not a practising satanist! :roflmao:

We were looking through his copy of the satanic bible one evening (as you do) and there was a list of the names of the different devils, and Lilith is a female devil.

I thought the name was quite pretty so I slapped my year of birth on the end and voila!

I'm now off to sacrifice a virgin, see y'all later :shades:

Jo xxxxx

Jaco45er
23-05-08, 15:47
Most couples have monopoly to pass away the night.

Tell me, do you have a butler called Lurch too?

Lilith1980
23-05-08, 15:49
Monopoly?? What sick sort of world do you live in??

Give me hades any night of the week ;)

Jo xxxxx

freakedout
23-05-08, 17:46
Hi everyone

I can't believe how many of you have replied, thanks. I was thinking of completely scrubbing the post not long after I made it. I am glad I didn't.

Take care all,

Freaky

Coni
23-05-08, 18:30
Mine is very boring...its an anagram of the first letters of my kids names....but actually I really quite like it now....my real name is much more boring (and very scottish lol)

Coni XX

tayside lassie
23-05-08, 18:30
i live in tayside scotland.... and lassie meaning woman ...

jesse08
23-05-08, 18:35
It is reference to the rebel Jacobites who, under the command of Bonnie Prince Charlie, led an uprising invading England (as for as Derby) and finally defeated in 1746 at Culloden in the last land battle on British soil.

"Such is the connection between 1745 and the rising in the Gaelic mindset, that the '45 is known as Bliadhna Theàrlaich (Charles' Year) in Scottish Gaelic"

Jaco

Wow! That is really informative - a mini history lesson,thanks you!
The 08 after Jesse is because it's 2008.

scaoll
23-05-08, 18:41
Hi...am new...My user name is the irish word for panic.:-)

belle
23-05-08, 19:33
My gorgeous puppy is called Bluebell...and....i like Bluebells ;)

..lol!!!

kazzie
23-05-08, 19:40
Hi:D

My name is Karen

Everyone calls me Kaz

Hence Kazzie:yesyes:

Kaz x:hugs:

erialc
23-05-08, 19:42
Mine is completely pants........... just my name backwards but hey not all of us have all day to think up a name hey Jaco ?

:)

nicky20055
23-05-08, 19:58
Mine Is My Name Nicky And As I Started Going On The Net In 2005 I Decided To Use That But Had To Add Another 5 Because Nicky2005 Was Taken X

Cathy V
23-05-08, 21:30
Hey Scaoll...cool name! and welcome to nmp, and yes most of them on here really are this mad hahaha! no, thery're all great...honest. :welcome:
and you'll get loads of support.
Cathy V xx:) xx

eeyorelover
24-05-08, 01:58
Mine is easy to guess :)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg261/h4-/hhkknnfvccfdtuikf.gif

smudgie
26-05-08, 09:43
Hi all

Well mine is "smudgie" in memory of my dear cat, keep her with me always:flowers:

nessxxxxxxx

anxious
26-05-08, 09:50
anxious by name, anxious by nature :whistles:

andie73
26-05-08, 10:08
Mine's just my name, well a version of it, and my year of birth.

happyone
26-05-08, 19:17
Mine's is what I aspire to be!:D

Happyone
xx

nanny
29-06-08, 15:00
I hadn't seen this Thread and this morning asked the same question:doh: then pink put me onto this one:hugs:

As i said in that post nanny came about because my daughter in law was expecting my first grandchild, i was so excited about being called Nanny.............. hence the name:whistles: Thikco ought to be my middle name:blush:

The Fool
29-06-08, 15:19
mine is becuase well im a teen (nearly 14) and im a drama queen! lol wich is because well you no im a drama queen but i also love to act and want to go to drama school so yeh lol

Southern_Belle
30-06-08, 16:20
Mine is because I live in the southern part of my country and we were once known as Southern Belles.

TidusRawlings
30-06-08, 16:30
Mine Is Actually Based On A Character From A Computer Game Called Final Fantasy X "Tidus" Is The Main Character and I Always Use His Name Online As He Has A Personality Similar To Mine.

And The Rawlings Part As You Can Guess Is My Surname

MissChampers
02-07-08, 15:05
Mine is after the name of a racehorse.:)

scooby28
02-07-08, 18:41
I love scooby doo,