PDA

View Full Version : Liver Disease fear

Blackstar
23-05-08, 11:47
Hi everyone,

The question 'does it never bl**dy well end?' is in my head at the moment. Having got over the last round of acute HA, now I'm having a panic about liver disease. Specifically autoimmune liver disease - having had autoimmune thyroid disease I know I'm more at risk of developing other autoimmune diseases.

Anyway the last couple of days I've felt really itchy, specially round my mouth. I know that itching is a sign of liver disease, and then I started thinking about the tiredness I had a couple of weeks ago, and...well...now I'm convinced I have liver disease :weep:

I wish there were home blood test kits you could get, then I could test myself without bugging the GP. But then again, I guess that would be bad for an HA sufferer.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you...

Anna. x

hunny_as
23-05-08, 13:29
hi Anna,

sorry your going thro a hard time right now, all i can tell you is stuff you already know, go and see your GP they will be able to put your mind to rest.

and dose it ever end, i not to sure about that but i know it gets easya i now only have the odd blip with my HA i am doing so well, so i can tell you from exprence that it gets easya.

hope i have helped in some way, if you ever want to chat feel free to PM me any time.

Amanda ((((anna)))) xx

juanna
23-05-08, 15:15
Go to see your Gp; because don't think anything i say can give you the reassuracne you need.. I'm sure you'll be fine but make sure for your own peace of mind....:)