PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new to this

bunnypop
23-05-08, 16:27
Hi everyone,

My name is Laura and I am 26 years old. I have had panic attacks since the age of 16. I am happily married with a two year old daughter and go though good and extremely bad patches but nothing seems to help.

My parents split up when I was 4 and my mother bought me up single handed. At the age of 16 I still didn't really see my dad and my mom had long remarried. There was problems within the family with step sisters and I felt I was driven further away from my mom. To cut a long story short in 2004 and packed up everything and in haste decided to move to another county. So I moved to Bournemouth with no one or knowing no one. Looking back I really don't know how I had the courage to do this. Throughout the ten years I have suffered from extreme panics all focused around Emetophobia (the fear of being sick) I met my husband and soon after had a baby girl. I really struggled through my whole pregnancy as I feared I would be sick but luckily escaped any morning sickness. However, during this pregnancy I got food poisening which made me very sick and I was hospitalised along with very bad hearlt palpatations (Which I have now been diagnosed with) not just palpatations from panic attacks. Attacks during my pregnancy was worse than I have had because my emotions were heightened but during this time I thought about self harming alot but knew I couldnt for my baby. At one point I had scissors to my wrist but would never felt I would ever go through with it. It was a cry for help, for people to realise how serious I am. People around me just say 'get on with it' as they don't understand, ut this upsets me. Only other panic attack sufferers would realise you can't. I also have an obsession with what I eat and eating since my food poisening attack. I have cut out all meat and only feel safe eating certain foods. I have lost weight but have always been slim. I eat polo mints constantly as I think this will stop me feeling sick, when really I don't feel sick anyway.

I have tried anti-depressants (but am very against this now), counselling, hypnotherapy, herbals, CBT and much more. I have reflexology on a regular basis which does help.

I really would love to find someone that I could speak to further and to understand what I am going through.

Thanks for listening, Laura xx:)

chalky
23-05-08, 20:02
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

popsy
23-05-08, 20:35
:welcome: I hope you find this site as useful and as supportive as i do.
Keep posting hun, you'll come across lots of poeple with similar issues to yourself, your never alone here.
Charlie x x x :hugs:

SmokeyJo
23-05-08, 21:41
HI Laura,
I have exactly the same phobia as you and have had this since getting food poisioning when I was nine (I am now 25) my panic attacks are all centred around this. I hope you meet some lovely people and get the support you need from here I'm always wanting somebody to talk to! Take care X

P!nk!sh
23-05-08, 22:07
Welcome Laura,

i hope you feel better

we are all here for each other

..Sara..

jesse08
24-05-08, 07:42
Hi Laura,
NMP is a really supportive and helpful site...and it's here 24/7. Hope it can help you. Take Care
:welcome:

Lindalou64
24-05-08, 12:52
Hello Laura And Welcome ........i Wish Ya Well.......linda

Lilith1980
24-05-08, 14:52
Hi Laura

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

andie73
24-05-08, 14:55
Hi Laura

Welcome from me. You'll find this forum very helpful I'm sure.

Take care

Southern_Belle
24-05-08, 20:31
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I personally have never had the type of suffering you have but know you are having a difficult time. We are all here for each other.

Many hugs,

Laura

kellie
25-05-08, 14:51
hiya laura :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D .
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting about whatever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
love and happiness

takecare :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SharonDerby
25-05-08, 16:18
Hi Laura,
I have the exact same phobia as you and many others here, i am happy to chat or exchange e-mails if you would like?
I am 44 and have this phobia for 20 years, i am loads better than i used to be BUT certain things do upset me, winter time in particular with virus everywhere etc but i get by, like you i avoid meat certain other foods too, infact if i am honest my diet is pretty limited to what i call safe foods which i am sure you have too, i too lost lots of weight but am naturaly slim anyway so losing weight just makes me look very ill and people always comment which isn't nice (i know many people would love to be slim but it isn't always an advantage/lucky etc).
Anyway as i said, you are not alone i am one of many here who is around to chat/mail or whatever you like, hope i can help you even if it's just someone to mail and talk.
Regards Sharon :)