PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

kimmy72
23-05-08, 18:29
Hi my name is Kim and I am from the US. I am 35 years old and am currently caring for my parents (my father is in the later stages of alheimers and my mother is severly diabetic) and my two nieces (who's mother was killed in a car accident some years ago). I have recently been stuggling with severe anxiety and depression. This has been going on about 6 months and somethings I feel like I can't make it through another day. Sometimes it feels like this could be the day, with all the pains and sensations that surely I am going to die today.

Sorry for the rambling, I just don't really have anyone to talk to and I am looking for some reassurance.

Kim

chalky
23-05-08, 18:41
Hi Kim,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

scaoll
23-05-08, 18:59
Hello to all...I am on the same road as all who post and read here.I have severe panic..it is at its worst when i am driving....so much so that i may sell the car.My main and most frightening thing is the dreaded throat choking sensation.[ I have been reading all those threads as i have been reading this site for months ]I just cant get past that one...no matter how much i try to talk to myself.Well thats me.....best wishes to all.

kellie
23-05-08, 20:55
hiya kimmy. :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . can i just say my heart goes out to you hun i know how very hard it can be to look after a parent with alzimers. i was my nans carer everyday all day for over a year and she had alzimers and dementia, it is so hard going and can be very stressful and tiering. no wonder you are feeling the way you do hun, and im so sorry for your loss. so you are also copeing with the girls and your grief. god bless you hun you are an angel. you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting about what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can. plz feel free to pm me anytime.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nicky20055
23-05-08, 21:20
Sorry To Hear About Ur Dad Thats An Awful Disease,your Not Rambling And The Things Your Having To Juggle In Your Life Is Bound To Put A Strain On You Mentally And Physically But What U Are Feeling Is A Symptom And Will Pass But I Would Suggest You Go To Ur Gp And See What Help/medication You Might Need Because Youn Need To Be Strong Your Self So You Can Carry On Helping Ur Parents, But Don't Forget About Ur Needs X

Talk To Me Anytime X

Bill
24-05-08, 02:34
Hello Kim:hugs: ,

I've cared for my wife who suffers from schizophrenia for the past 18 years and I also now support my mother after helping her to care for my father who we lost nearly 3 years ago so I can appreciate the stress and strain you feel in your situation. My thoughts are with you.:bighug1:

Lindalou64
24-05-08, 13:02
Hello Kim You Got Alot On Your Plate And Im Sorry To Hear All This Stress And Being Tired Can Bring Anxiety On Im Not A Doctor Just From Experience...can Anyone Help You Out At All?? I Took Care Of Alzeimers Patients Horrible Disease And It Being Ya DaD MUST BE VERY HARD ON YOU AND YA MOM...what An Angel You Are For Caring For Your Neices ....i Wish You Well And Hope Someone Can Step In To Help You..........linda

trac67
24-05-08, 13:09
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

scaoll
24-05-08, 14:09
Oppps..i think i should have introduced myself on a new thread.It seems i have kinda hijacked kimmy 72's introduction.....Sorry about that kimmy72....I wish you comfort kimmy:-)

freakedout
24-05-08, 14:54
Hi Kimmy72

Welcome to nmp, you're not rambling and you needn't apologise, this site is great for making new friends and meeting people who can relate to depression and anxiety. You have a lot to deal with due to the circumstances of your family members, I hope that you get the support you need.

Take care

Freaky

Lilith1980
24-05-08, 14:56
Hi Kim

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

KAREN L
24-05-08, 16:43
Hello Kim

I'm also a new member and i suffer from health anxiety.

Do you ever get any time to yourself?
I'm sure that's very difficult if you are the main carer for your family members.

Stay strong and talk to us all here, some have helped my so much already i am so glad i joined. It's hard for me to trust strangers but the people here are so helpful.

Karen
xx:)

Southern_Belle
24-05-08, 20:39
Hi Kimmy,

Welcome to the site. First of all, what a wonderful caring person you must be to take so much on. I am so sorry about your Dad and your Mom too. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be taking care of so many people that you love so much. No wonder you have so much anxiety. I think you need a support system and you need to take care of you first so that you can manage to take care of the others. Counseling might also help especially dealing with your Dad's condition. We are here to help.

Many hugs,

Laura