PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

irbuds
23-11-03, 19:12
Hi everybody,

I am new to these boards but am worried and would very much apprecaite your advice.

Now some years ago I was diganosed with GAD - the whole full on gambit and it was a pure nightmare. Enough said I am sure you can relate.

Well i got amazing help (CBT, abdominal breathing, distraction etc)and got myself out of the whole big mess and felt normal agian. Now of course thats not to say that I was never anxious again far from it I just knew how to deal with it.

Any how after that I got an inner ear probelm which caused me to suffer major vertigo attacks, imbalance and a whole host of vile things. I have had treatment for this condition and am doing better - this is not an anxiety disorder by the way its a physical thing.

Any how I have an annoying symtom that crops up and I am thinking it could be anxiety but I am NOT SURE. I have been to the doctor who sent me to the cardiologist and I am all clear there.But the problem carries on.

Basiaclly i get this over whelming feeling that i am going to pass out and faint.

It is not daily and maybe occurs every week or so but has gotten to the point that it makes me highly anxious and scared that it will recurr. its annoying as it limits my activities in that i am afraid to go about normally JUST IN CASE.

Basically i amy start to feel a little dizzy and then I ignore that and think its ok its probably just anxiety and distract myself. But then I will walk and i will start to feelvery unsteady almost like the ground is moving or something is very wrong. Then I feel 'oh no' and wham I feel very very light and like i am losing consiousness. It is such a strong sensation that I have to kneel down to relieve the feeling. i am naturally scared witless and rush home as quick as possible. I do not feel much else its just that wierd light body feeling like my consiuosness is altered and woozy. FRIGHTENING!!:(

I cannot predict when this will happen its been at home as well as out and comes on out of the blue even when I feel ok. My biggest annoyance is not knowing what it is and you know how anxiety just loves that!!

When I walk my legs can feel all weak and off and my balance all over the place.

Can anyone relate.

Thanks!!

Meg
23-11-03, 19:45
Hi Ilia,

I'm presuming you've got the all clear from the inner ear problem as far as this is concerned

If it comes after you think ' oh no' then I expect it is anxiety as physical illness won't wait for a thought to spark it off..If it really was somthing physical it wouldn't allow you to whizz off home very easily.

I would suggest that you don't drop to your knees next time, but rest against something standing up or find a chair. Then stay there for a full 15 minutes and see how you are then. If you feel very isolated and I know I did, then do ring someone on a mobile and tell them where you are and ask them to call you in 10 mins to check on you. Whilst you're sitting there, practice your slooow deep breathing - longer out than in.

The other good thing to do is talk to someone - anyone will do - listen to what they say and respond...

Let us know how you do.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...