PDA

View Full Version : Last night

alihud
09-04-05, 09:11
Hi there.I had the most awful panic attck last night.I was in the chat room when it started and it just got worse and worse.Violently sick,diarrohea,the shakes.I've been trying to come off seroxat as some of you know and am having a rotten time of it.I had a friend come over and she ended up gtting the doctor out.I had an anti sickness injection and he also gave me some diazepan to help me sleep.He has suggested ni go back up to 30mg which i was on originally and to see my normal doctor again to dicuss a different way of trying to wean me off.I hav my own buisness and this is really bad news for me.I'm thinking now i may well stay on the damn things if they keep me well but like the rest of you would much rather be off them.Have been taking them for three years now so they r truly in my system.I went down from 30mg to 20 and its been horrid.Will i ever get off them???
Ali xxxxx(feeling ever so worn out)[Sigh...]

mumof4
09-04-05, 10:13
I am hopping u feel better this morning i dont know about tablets i refused to take any and i sorted myself out that way.

That was why i refused tablets as i have heard they can be hard to come off as u have to ween urself off them.

Meg
09-04-05, 10:13
Ali,

That is far too big a jump to do in one go with Seroxat . This is one of the most difficult to come off and it HAS to be done extremely slowly.

You have essentially reduced your intake by 33% overnight and its too much at once.

Many people have found success in moving to the liquid and the coming down in 2.5 - 5 mg increments each month.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

florence
09-04-05, 11:11
Hi Ali

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time !!! :(
It seems like you're suffering withdrawal symptoms, you need to reduce the dose progressively over a long time, as smooth as possible. Doctors tend to make you reduce dose or stop medication to rapidly, after all you ve been on this medication for 3 years, which is a long time.
I went thru bad withdrawal symptoms last october, i stopped tranquilizers suddenly [xx(]. i felt like dying. So i went back on diazepam same dose, and reduced very slowly. Started from 6 mg. I am now at 2 mg. havent suffered withdrawal symptoms by doing this.
I hope you'll get thru this, best of luck.

Florence. x

**See the world more as what it is, less as what you are.**

kairen
09-04-05, 11:16
hiya ali mate,

Sorry to hear u had a bad night, the meds i was on had no affects when i was coming off them so i cant say anything about that, i dont know what the doc will suggest but i would have thought u would just have to cope with the affect of coming off them did they say how long the affect would last,

It's so awful though when you have everything else in your life sorted, and where looking forward to your trip to sainsburys (wink wink).

i hope you feel a bit better today, I will be thinking of you all day honey, Pm me any time ali, ok it you want to talk,

big big hugg Ali my seperated at birth twin LOL
xxxxxxxxx

kairen x

seh1980
09-04-05, 12:05
hi Ali,

Sorry to hear about your horrid night. I saw your name in the chatroom and now know why you weren't saying anything - you poor thing!! As Meg says, come off your meds as slowly as possible. It may be tough but you will get there in the end..

Sarah :D

henri
09-04-05, 23:39
hey ali,
i'm so so sorry you had such a rough time of it last night. hope you're feeling a bit better now.
i haven't been on meds properly so i can't advise you re weaning yourself off them etc. but what i can tell you is that my best friend has been on seroxat for years and years - she often thinks of coming off it but usually decides that you know what, life is hard enough as it is without the added stress of forcing yourself to come off something that is helping you get through the day. what i'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up about being on them and don't try to come off them too quickly.
god i hope that made sense!
i think that you are amazing for having your business and dealing with this at the same time - a lot of people would have crumbled at the thought (including me!). i'm sure you will eventually get off seroxat, in your own good time.
hope to see you in chat soon,
take care,
henri x

della
09-04-05, 23:48
hi ali
sorry your feeling so bad hope you soon feel better[^]

Karen
10-04-05, 00:09
Hi Ali

Sorry you're having a rough time at the moment. Hope you get the medication sorted out and feel better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
10-04-05, 00:28
Hi Ali

I know how hard this is and how it feels, we are all here for you. Lean on us and i hope we can help.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kate
10-04-05, 09:13
Hi Ali,

Sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment.

I haven't been on seroxat, but took another anti d for a few years. It took me another year to finally come off them, the doc reduced very, very slowly. I never suffered any withdrawal at all doing it this way.

Hope you can get to see your doc very soon and that he is able to monitor an extremely slow withdrawal.

Thinking of you

Love Kate x

seh1980
10-04-05, 11:39
How are you feeling today Ali? :D

bluebottle
10-04-05, 17:40
Ali, get your GP to prescribe Seroxat in liquid form, then you can reduce the amount you take much more slower. Do what works for you, even if it is a tiny amount each time.

Regards,

Blue
--
"I'm dancing through the fire, just to catch a flame -
an' feel real again "

http://workplacebullying.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

kairen
10-04-05, 19:50
hi Ali,

I hope you are feeling a bit better today hun, thinking off you xxxx

kairen x

sal
10-04-05, 21:48
Hi Ali

How have things been today for you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

alihud
11-04-05, 11:51
Hi everyone!Thanks for all your messages.Sorry i haven't been in touch,been recovering from that awful night.I'll be back in chat soon.I'm feeling alot better now,nearly back to my usual chatty self thank goodness.Have put my dosage back up again and its kicked in.Anyway love to you all.
Ali xxxx

seh1980
11-04-05, 12:21
Glad to hear it Ali!! :D

clickaway
11-04-05, 14:22
Aw! Ali, that has been bad news with you suffering with that Seroxat so badly.

Three years is certainly a long time to be on them - I have never been on them for more than 6 months.

I hope the Doc sorts you out some of the liquid stuff. But if you have worries to sort out just now, try and get that sorted first.

((big hugs mate))

Ray [:X]

xxx

tessa
11-04-05, 19:02
what exactly is seroxat Is it an antidepressant or more like a xanax. I keep seeing the adds for this pop up and so I was just wondering.[?]

tessa