PDA

View Full Version : My intro :)

CNY84
24-05-08, 04:01
Hello everyone-

I'm new to this website and am hoping that someone, somewhere can help me out a little bit.

I'm 23 years old, a store manager for a fairly small store and attend college part-time. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with panic disorder and to this day no one has ever been able to figure out what the trigger was. I started seeing a psychiatrist who put me on prozac and clonopin. It was a difficult struggle for me at first. I was afraid to go to school, but my mom forced me to go and if she hadn't she would've been an idiot! Eventhough I hated her at the time for it, I'm so glad she didn't give in to my crying and complaining. I even developed random phobias that had never bothered me before: heights and vomiting.

After a year of having the panic disorder my life finally started to feel back to normal, with the exception that I still had my phobias. The rest of high school went by, for the most part, smoothly. I even got off the anti-depressant and was rarely taking my clonopin. That's how well I was doing. I hardly ever had any anxiety problems and up until about 2 months ago, I thought I had gotten rid of it completely.

So wrong! I started a new relationship with someone and I thought it would be responsible of me to get a routine HIV test, just for peace of mind. Now, I knew very well that I would test negative, but in the 3 weeks that I had to wait to get the results back, my anxiety slowly started taking a firm grip on me. Constant worrying about "what if" those results are positive. I kept telling myself that soon as I got the results my anxiety would subside and everything would go back to normal.

Wrong again. Like I said I knew what the results would be. So when I found out I was negative it was like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Two nights later I had a full-blown panic attack.

The thing is, I hadn't had a panic attack in at least 7 years. 7 years with NO anxiety, NO panic attacks, NOTHING. And suddenly, I'm having one. I couldn't remember what to do. I used to have a ton of tricks up my sleeve to calm myself down. Like all attacks, it eventually went away and as of today, I haven't had another one. But what won't go away is this constant feeling of anxiety. It's really starting to interfere with my life and most nights I can't even fall asleep right away. I'm currently in the middle of searching for a psychologist that can help me out with some of these issues.

That's all for the intro. I'll be probably be posting...a lot! I have a lot of questions and need a lot of advice.

Thanks for reading :)

Chrissy

chalky
24-05-08, 06:02
Hi Chrissy,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

jesse08
24-05-08, 07:26
Hi Chrissy,
This site is great for support, advice and making new friends. Hope it can help you!
:welcome:

Lindalou64
24-05-08, 12:56
Hello Chrissy And Welcome You Will Alot Of Information And Support Here...i Wish You Well........linda

belle
24-05-08, 13:01
Hi and welcome :)

x

trac67
24-05-08, 13:10
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Lilith1980
24-05-08, 14:53
Hi Chrissy

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
24-05-08, 20:26
Hi Chrissy,

Welcome to the site. Anxiety and panic attacks come and go for some and I don't think anyone really knows why. I do know that we all understand how you are suffering and you will find support here. I think it is a good idea to go to a psychologist, I'm sure you will find help there. Good luck!

Many hugs,

Laura

kellie
25-05-08, 11:45
hiya Chrissy :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx