PDA

View Full Version : Dianette contraceptive pill

scooby28
24-05-08, 11:15
Has anyone out there been prescribed this, lately i have been suffering with acne on my face and i asked my doctor if it could be my current pill ovranette which i have been on for around 4 years.
I came to this conclusion as last time i stopped my pill for the seven days my face completely cleared.
He has given me the dianette pills to try which are meant to help with acne in woman, i have been reading things on the internet some are good and some are bad like most pills i guess they react to people differently so i was a little worried about taking it now, cos it seems to have more bad reviews.
Has anyone on her used this pilll or know anyone who has used it and were they ok with it, i know everyone is different and i can try it and if it doesn't help or reacts to me i can stop just wanted a few more people opions first.

mirry
24-05-08, 11:24
Hi I was on this pill 18 years ago for acne , and it cleared it up lovely ,
I didnt have any side effects and was on it for over 2 years.

Its been out for years as you can see - Hope this helps.

befuddled1
24-05-08, 11:34
Hi scooby28
I was on Dianette for about 7 years (and they say you shouldn't be on it more than 5!) and seem to be ok so far. I was on it for PCOS and had yearly blood tests to check liver function (I think?!) cause being on Dianette long term can affect that. I find that most drugs have a whole list of side effects and possible associations with other problems and generally you just have to try them and see. It definitely helped my skin/ excessive hair growth which resulted from PCOS.
Some internet sources can be inaccurate so I guess the best person to talk to about it is your GP. My Dianette packs always came with a booklet with info on it as well - and I assume this information is regulated somehow so that might help you too.
Hope you find the info you need.
Beth

scooby28
25-05-08, 12:28
might give it few more weeks and see if my spots start clearing up at all been two months so far and they flare up then there not to bad just never completely go.

Piglet
25-05-08, 13:59
I was fine on this too and it really helped my skin at the time.

Love Piglet :flowers:

scooby28
25-05-08, 14:16
Was you just on it for a while and was your skin ok, the same or worse after you stopped taking it.

Piglet
25-05-08, 17:59
My skin got better on it and I think I took it for a couple of years and my skin has been fine since.

I am on a different pill now because I had a gap of quite a few years after the dianette where I wasnt on the pill at all and when I decided to go on the pill again because my skin was no longer an issue we chose another type.

Piglet :flowers:

scooby28
25-05-08, 20:20
Thanks for the replys everyone might give it a few mor weeks and see if it settles anymore if not i can give the dianette a go, and it will either agree with me or not.

scooby28
06-06-08, 18:15
Update

Well I decided to give the dianette pills ago and i have taken 5 so far, i'm not sure if it's this pill but my spots have reduced dramatically.
I thought this was a bit too soon to see results because really after the first night of taking the first one i noticed and improvement, You can still see the spots but the redness has gone down so much and they are reducing in size everday hopefully they will be gone soon i'm so pleased i tried them and i havent had any side affects from it so far

teresasavin
06-06-08, 19:22
I was on Dianette for over 10 years and never had any side effects or problems. Although being on it for that amount of time is not advisable and your Doctor should realise this anyway.