PDA

View Full Version : I can't win

cristianecd
24-05-08, 11:23
Hello Everyone!
Always that I come in this site I few heaps better.

My symptoms that started in december 2007, go on and off and each day there's something new going on. I end up several time in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack(it's been a while this symptom is gone :) ), than I had desrealization for 3 months, feeling like my body is falling to one side, and many others, that are gone, and I hope they dont come back. But It's been over a month that Im having headaches, like a pressure in the temples, blocked ears and like there's something heavy on the top of my head, and I;m always thinking its something worse, stroke, brain tumor, aneurysms, etc. This headaches dont go away, they are not strong, just annoying, but I get really worried, and scared. I;ve been to 4 doctors, and they always tell me to take panadol, nurofen, and just say, it's tension headaches.But I can't imagine "just tension headches" ;lasting more than a month. One of the doctors when I mentioned what I thought it could be, laughed at me, and said, ur just a 23 y old girl, shouldt be worried about those things. But the way she laughed made me feel terrible, like what I feel it's not enough to get s docs attention and that Im just wasting their time. They were gone for 1 week, I was all happy but now they are back and I can't stop crying, dont want to go back to the doc to get some more panadol. And seems like pain killers are not working anymore.Can you guys please give me some advice? I'm really worried, can it be an aneurysm or brain tumor? Thanks

befuddled1
24-05-08, 11:45
But It's been over a month that Im having headaches, like a pressure in the temples, blocked ears and like there's something heavy on the top of my head, and I;m always thinking its something worse, stroke, brain tumor, aneurysms, etc. This headaches dont go away, they are not strong, just annoying, but I get really worried, and scared. I;ve been to 4 doctors, and they always tell me to take panadol, nurofen, and just say, it's tension headaches.

Whether your symptoms are purely anxiety-related or not (and I'm not suggesting that they aren't!), it sounds like they need attention because they seem to be having quite an effect on your life. Can you try a different doctor's surgery, or are there any other health services you could try? Maybe next time you speak to a professional like this you could make it clear that you don't want things to continue this way, and that if you are sent away with the same response you have been given before the problem will just continue.
I hope that's a help in some way or other. Sorry if not.
Beth

Trixie
24-05-08, 12:56
Watch out for the Panadol too many can harmful.

cristianecd
27-05-08, 06:37
Thanks for you replies. I'm going for a Cat Scan tomorrow to know what is going on. I hope its nothing serious. Thanks again. TC Cris

cristianecd
29-05-08, 08:59
I went to the CT scan and turns up that there's nothing wrong with me. Headaches are anxiety related:yesyes:

Trixie
29-05-08, 12:42
I went to the CT scan and turns up that there's nothing wrong with me. Headaches are anxiety related:yesyes:

:D Good.

Catwoman
29-05-08, 15:18
Cris
I am like you always getting headaches and migraines and they are mostly stress related. I ended up having an MRI as I thought I had a tumour in my head too.
I take painkillers and end up getting used to them, its a cycle really. Sometimes when I get a migraine and the pain is real bad even tho I have had all these tests I still think how can there be nothing in my head when I am having all this pain?
The doctor is no use, just says you have to relax.
Sorry I am not a lot of help but you are not alone honest.
Sue x