PDA

View Full Version : want to help my sis

cookie85
24-05-08, 12:55
Hi everyone. I've been searching for info on the net to pass on to my younger sister who is 19 now and has suferred with aniety and panic attacks for 1-2 yrs now and came accross No More Panic and thought i'd register as nor i or sister have knowingly met another suferrer and i would like her to know shes not alone.
Just looking for ways i can help/support her however small. And learn to understand the condition better for her sake and the whole family.

So any suggestins/tips would be very much apprecaited!!!!

Thanks for reading :)

lilly-lou
24-05-08, 13:04
Hi cookie,
Anxiety is a lot more common than you think its just a lot of poeple are very good at hiding it or are too ashamed to admit it because of the stigma attatched to it. Its lovely to see you're concerned for your sis, try to reassure her that she will be ok when she has an attact and although not pleasant it will pass, just listening to her will help and make her feel she is not alone on her road to recovery.

juanna
24-05-08, 13:16
Hi Cookie
If you look at the left of your screen under the main menu; and click onto anxiety it gives you some very good information;:) that you might find helpful....

freakedout
24-05-08, 14:57
Hi Cookie,

Welcome to the site.

You have definately come to the right place, there is loads of info here, and lots of people who, despite their own problems with anxiety or whatever, are very supportive.

I admire you for wanting to help your sister, that is such a nice thing to do for her.:D

Take Care

Freaky

Southern_Belle
24-05-08, 20:33
Hi Cookie,

Welcome to the site. What a wonderful sister you are! We are also a site for caregivers too. Tell your sister that we will understand what she has been going through and she will get needed support.

Many hugs,

Laura

kellie
25-05-08, 11:46
hiya Cookie :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
25-05-08, 12:07
Hi Cookie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Both you and your sister will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
25-05-08, 13:02
Hello Cookie And Welcome.i Wish You And Ya Sis Well............linda

bunnypop
25-05-08, 19:45
Hello Cookie,
It is lovely to hear your concern for your sister. I too joined the site as I didn't know anyone with the same problem.
When you read other peoples stories, you realise that you aren't alone.
I wish your sister well.
Laura x