PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or insanity.......

Patton
24-05-08, 19:10
hi ya everyone me again.
got a weird symptom for you. today i woke up and everything was fine... then i went back to sleep. about 2.5 hours later i woke with a sensation of shortness of breath. no heart palps just shortness of breath. i found myself focusing on my breathing through my nose wich probably mad it worse but.....when i closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, all i could think about was that i was up doing somthing else not sleeping. it was frieghtninng. i sat trying to control it but it was overwelming.:huh: now as i sit and type with my leg crossed in front of me i wonder if it is really me.. i now it is but...

also last night when i was driving home, i was fine until i all of the sudden it felt like everything got bigger. i started to focus on the road and the lines passing my car were making me sic, or at least i made myself think that they were maing me sick. even in my own home last night i felt like i was looking through someone elses eyes controling them.
i started taing zoloft two weeks ago and thought it was helping. it has calmed me down but my panic attacks seem to be more sensations of nreality and depersonalization now more than ever. is it just my body fighting the meds, or is...... proof that there is more wrong with me than anxiety.

thanks for reading.
have a nice weekend.:blush:
Patton

mtatum4496
24-05-08, 19:35
Patton, it's early in the game to think that there is something else wrong. Don't allow yourself to dwell on that possibility just yet.

Is this the first antidepressant that the doctor has tried with you? Some people do go through a phase at some time during the first month of taking an antidepressant where they experience sudden shifts in perception. Still others experience symptoms that are simply more trouble than any benefit derived from the drug.

You really should talk with your physician as soon as possible about this phenomena. It may be that this is a temporary and short lived situation while the Zoloft gets into your system proper. Or it could be that trying another antidepressant may be in order.

The thing to remember is that one antidepressant may work like a charm for one person, and present severe issues for the next person. Simply changing to a different antidepressant can make all the difference. But only you and your doctor together can determine what the next step should be in your situation.

maisiesmumx
25-05-08, 00:01
Hi Patton have you ever heard of depersonilsation or derealsation theat feeling you describe sounds like this..alot of people on suffer this pm if you want and i will explain ..love faith xxx

Patton
25-05-08, 05:02
Please explain these odd sensations are causing me to be homebound and i hate it....Thanks

Patton