PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram!

Sarah26
24-05-08, 23:52
Hello My name is sarah.
I am on day 4 of 10mg of Citalopram, Huge deal for me as I am sooo scared of taking any med, even pain killers.......!
I just have one question, I cant seem to find the answer 2.
Does Citalopram help get over panic attacks as I have been told I have a panic disorder. I see it is mainly used for Depression.
Since having a panic disorder I have developed alot of phobias MAINLY PUBLIC TRANSPOT, and have became a night mare as i am serioulsy claustraphobic.
I am in CBT, but he keeps asking me to imagine my self being in a train ETC is this really going to help as I have a not very good imagination for it.
I am hoping so much the Citalopram Help me get over these as I have battled with them on my own for 3 years and I am at the end of my teather.
Please some help would be great.
Many thanks hope u r all ok.:hugs:

maisiesmumx
24-05-08, 23:57
Hi sarah

i have noted your msn and will trya nd catch you sometime...also welcome

love faith xxx:welcome:

CliveL
25-05-08, 01:46
I have been on citalopram for a few years an have added you

lilly-lou
25-05-08, 07:30
Well done Sarah for taking the meds I know how difficult it is to take them.

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
25-05-08, 09:34
I used to take those tabs, I was also prescribed beta blockers at the same time (Propranolol).
They did help, but had to take a beta blocker if I went anywhere in public.
(Or even to walk out the door sometimes)
I stopped taking them as it affected my sex life.
After my detox I will probably get a different anti depressant.

Take care,

Wayne

kellie
25-05-08, 11:47
hiya Sarah :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting with what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
25-05-08, 11:59
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
25-05-08, 12:37
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the site. Many meds help with both anxiety and depression so trust your doctor to know that he knows what he is doing. If you don't see any difference with the meds and counseling in 3 months or so I would go back to your doctor and discuss it with him/her. Give CBT a chance it has helped many here. Members here understand how you are feeling and you will find support. We also have a chatroom that you can go into in five days after joining to speak to others.

Many hugs,

Laura