PDA

View Full Version : St. John's Wort

seh1980
09-04-05, 18:11
hello everyone,

I took my first dose of St. John's Wort last night. Having come off Cipralex about 6 weeks ago, I have decided to give this a go. It says on the box that there is nothing to worry about such as side-effects, etc but then I looked on the internet (silly me!!) and have found where it says that it can cause high blood pressure, racing heart, rashes, etc so am now a little worried. Does anyone know if this is true or am I worrying about nothing? Could anyone who has been on St. John's Wort please tell me their experiences? Thanks.

Sarah :D

Meg
09-04-05, 18:36
Try www.sjwinfo.org

seh1980
09-04-05, 18:37
LOL Meg - that's where I read about the scary side-effects!! :D

sal
09-04-05, 20:37
Have never taken it myself Sarah. But one of my friends did and it seemed to really give her a boost and she suffered no side affects.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Dave S
09-04-05, 20:42
Hi Sarah, I have suffered with anxiety and panic for about 12 mths and was pretty fed up. I started St johns wort about 10weeks ago and also started a tai chi class too, as well as eating more nuts, seeds, fresh veg etc instead of refined sugar etc. I also really tried to 'watch' my thoughts and keep positive as much as poss. Well, after 3-4 weeks I was fed up as I was no better really...But after 6 -7 weeks...yipee..10 straight days of no anxiety!! That was about 2-3 weeks ago and since then I have felt generally better...no panic at all... some anxiety now and then...but a lot of my 'horrible' symptoms have gone....Side effects? None, that I've noticed....some foggy heads and dizziness...but that could just be anxiety or maybe just me... so I would recommend it...But you need to have a holistic approach and change your diet, exercise, thoughts etc, too. Good luck, Dave :)

Dave S

seh1980
09-04-05, 20:50
Thanks for the feedback Dave. Just reading that has made me feel a lot more positive about it!! I have recently started to do more exercise and have a pretty healthy diet anyway so hopefully as will go well. Thanks!! :D

sal
09-04-05, 20:53
Hope it helps you Sarah. If we read all the side affects on tablets we wouldnt take anything.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
09-04-05, 21:09
LOL Sal that is so true :D

sal
09-04-05, 21:15
See you on monday and we can have a good girlie natter. LOL

Love Sal xx

seh1980
10-04-05, 11:46
Cool Sal - am looking forward to it. :D

sal
10-04-05, 22:17
And if you talk nonsense like me i will take the tablets off you LOL

Dont be lying in too late in case my appointment is on time LOL

Love Sal xx

Bearo
20-04-05, 11:46
Hi,

I just went out and got some of this after reading this site. I'm curious about how much to take though, it says on the site above that 3 times a day is the standard dose (300mg) but on the back of the jar is says only once a day, I'm confused :)

I also managed to get a Vit B Complex.

They did have Bach Flower but not the Resuce Remedy, I guess I'll have to check somewhere else for that.

Meg
20-04-05, 11:48
Go with whatever is says on your jar for the moment - what brand did you get ?

Bearo
20-04-05, 12:08
Yeah I think it's best to go with what it says on the back, the brand is Vega which seems to be only one they stock. Heard of it?