PDA

View Full Version : Football Crazy hubby!

honeybee3939
25-05-08, 14:35
Hi

Is any body elses husband/partner football crazy?

Im realy stressed out today my husband is that mad about his football team that he as gone to Wembley but because he couldnt get a ticket for his favorite team he as got a ticket in the opposition end of the stadium!!! just so he could attend, and hes only taken our daughter with him too !! They have gone without thier football shirts on but im so worried that if his team score a goal he will be jumping up and down with joy that he will forget about the opposition supporters around him!:ohmy:
I begged him not to take my daughter but my daughter insisted in going (shes 20 and very stubborn!).

I will be glad when they get home.

Sorry for the moan !

love from a stressed out Andrea
xxxxxx

Ohh i cant wait till they get home !

chalky
25-05-08, 14:55
Hi Andrea,

Been there,done that,got the T-shirt,lol!!!
Judging by Sky Sports coverage,your hubby and daughter will definitely not be alone in doing this.
There are loads of stewards and police on duty so they should be fine.
It is hard to explain how gripped us blokes can be by football-it's like you girls and shopping,lol.
Think of the fun they will have and hopefully their tea will win to round off the day.
Best wishes,
Chalky

honeybee3939
25-05-08, 15:09
Thanks Chalky:hugs:

He rang me about half an hour ago to say he was in the stadium having a pint of beer with the opposition and there where quite alot of supporters without shirts on so he pressumed they where Leeds supporters too:yesyes: .

I told him if Leeds score a goal to put his head on his knees (look like your upset.lol)

My other daughter is watching Sky sports here, best place to be!lol

Thankyou
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Jaco45er
25-05-08, 16:52
I have done that a couple of times ;)

Wembley is different that home and away matches, each crowd will be full of pockets of the other teams supporters and these fixtures tend to have a better atmosphere so relax :)

Jaco

P.S. I would love to have seen Chalky at the wrong end of a Celtic v Rangers match lol

honeybee3939
25-05-08, 16:56
Thanks Jaco:hugs:

Ohh i cant wait till they get home !

Not sure about that statement now..lol his team lost, he will be in a foul mood !!:mad:

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

bottleblond
25-05-08, 16:59
OMG Andrea if you weren't so stressed out, i would laugh. God what some blokes will do in the name of "football".

I'm sure your daughter and hubi will be just fine hun.

Lots of love
Lisa
xxx

belle
25-05-08, 17:47
Ha...

MY husband is OBSESSED with football. He watches it, he listens to it, he reads it, he plays it, he talks about it....DAILY! Drives me round the frigging wall.

I say, if he paid me a tenth of the attention he pays on stupid football, we'd get along a lot better!!!!

Seriously, he wakes up and checks the teletext sport, comes downstairs and puts SKY sports news on, then he'll play Football Manager on the laptop, then and then he'll call his brother to talk about what he's read/heard. This is the pattern that continues throughout the day. He also plays football on a Thursday night.

My husband supports a premiership team that don't win much, but a few years back they did and he went to the semi finals, the final....all that nonsense. To me, waste of money.

Flipping 'eck, i just got on my soapbox, better get off now!

x

honeybee3939
25-05-08, 18:07
Thanks Lisa:hugs:

LOL Bluebell, you hubby sounds so much like mine!:)

Why do they watch a match, then re-watch it again later that evening, then read all about it on teletext, then buy every news paper going that as the teams headlines in !! My hubby wont even drink a cup of tea unless its in his Leeds Utd mug !! lol I have even had to buy him a new Leeds mug to take to work !!!.

Well i have just spoke to him on the phone and he and my daughter are now on the M1 working thier way back to Yorkshire:yesyes: . Both are sulking too!lol

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

Piglet
25-05-08, 20:57
I love it when Chelsea win anything because that's a fab time to ask my ex for money!!! :yesyes:

Love Piglet

honeybee3939
25-05-08, 21:04
LOL Piglet ! Ohhh i havent tried that one before:winks: , now theres something i must remember !!:footy:

Love
Andrea
xxxxxx

happyone
25-05-08, 21:05
My hubby is a pain in the rear about footy. He is away for the week this week and honestly....it has been great with no footy on the TV even once!

LOLpiglet!

Happyone
xx