PDA

View Full Version : Another new one

smiler
09-04-05, 19:57
Hi ya! I am 25years old and have beenm suffering from social anxiety for about 10 years! I am so excited about finding this website, i don't feel like such a freak, knowing that there are others who understand how you feel! i spent two years in total anxious state, where i would even get out of bed, and getting to the front door was a big achievement! I got so anxious, would cry hysterically and the worst about it was that i couldn't understandwhy! i just knew i was scared! i am currently seeing a psycho therapist and having some hypnotherapy sessions! I am on citalopram, a mild anti-depressant, which to be honest i don't think does any good. I don't feel depressed, must go as i am going out 2nite, whoo never used to do that either! remember try to laugh and smile each day! speak to you all soon!

helen

seh1980
09-04-05, 20:22
hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum!! :)

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure you will receive loads of support. Before I found this website, I thought I was a lone freak too, but have now realised that there are loads of people out there who are going through the exact same thing as me.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sarah :D

sal
09-04-05, 20:23
Hi Helen

Pleased that you are happy you have found this site. Look forward to hearing more from you. Have a good night.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

sueiamnew
09-04-05, 21:21
Hi Helen,
Glad you're ok tonight..
love Sue

alexis
09-04-05, 23:19
Hi Helen, yes I felt just like you, thought i was alone and NOBODY in the world could possibly know, let alone feel the same as I do. This website is brilliant and the chat rooms fun if you feel up to it, take care,
Alexis

henri
09-04-05, 23:28
hi helen,
welcome to the site. isn't it great to know that you're not the only one?!?
what's the hypnotherapy like? any good?
take care,
henri x

della
09-04-05, 23:46
hi helen
I know exactly what you mean about the anxiety....welcome to the site:D

clickaway
10-04-05, 00:08
Hi Helen,

You are right - its very difficult to get to people and say exactly how you feel and why you cant do this and that.

But there are loads of people on here who do understand you.

I'm glad you are going out tonight.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Karen
10-04-05, 04:02
Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum. I also suffer from social anxiety and have done since my early teens. It sounds like you are doing well in recovering from this.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Tracy68
10-04-05, 09:40
Hi Helen
Welcome to the site. Well as you can see you will get plenty of help and support from everyone on here.
Did you have a good time last night?
Take care
Tracy
x

Jan
10-04-05, 17:56
hi Helen

you have come to the right place for support advice and people who know what you are going through. Its great that you are taking steps forward and looking on them as positive. I know that citalopram arent just for depression they are for anxiety too so that is probable why your gp put you on them. How is your anxiety if it is less it is probable the meds helping.

Anyway I hope that you had a great evening and you must tell us all about it.

Take care

Janine

sal
10-04-05, 22:23
Hi Helen

You have had some great replies and i hope they have helped you. Let us know how you are getting on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

smiler
11-04-05, 16:39
Hi there! Thanks for your replies! I had a great night on Saturday! Its the first time in ages i have gone out and not wanted to run home! Tho i must say it does seem to take alot of energy out of me i was shattered yesterday! It was a vegas night with show girls etc. THe music was brilliant and i got a wee swirl round the dance floor with a charming chap! didn't dance too badly, keep a spot for me on strictly come dancin! ha ha! About my energy tho! do use know if it is possible to take energy tablets, spiriluna, with citalopram. I feel if i didn't get soo tired i wouldn't get so anxious to run home to sleep. Do any of use get worried about how you communicate with other people! whether they think your a boring fart! i worry about this all the time, i am very aware of the spacei occupy around others! Do you all have full-time work and do you find this very tiring and exhausting! I am so critical of myself in my job, but i love the industry so much and my goal is to become a massage therapist! i will do it! its not just a dream it will be my destiny! I just need to develop my self belief! that why i am having hypnotherapy! I am re-programming my thoughts and beliefs about myself and how i view others! i am finding my sessions inspiring! I have re-visited so many memories and it all starts to make sense to me! don't get me wrong some of the memories were very upsetting! The words i use trigger my emotions! my tears are becoming fewer! i am slowly finding my hapiness!

IL COME BACK LATER I FEEL A HEADACHE COMING ON AND NEED TO GET SOME PAIN RELIEF!

I am trying to stay very focused

helen

Meg
11-04-05, 17:42
Hi Helen,

Well done for goiing and enjoying yourself so much at the weekend.

You ae on the right path and I'm sure you inner concerns about the communication is being addressed in your hypnotherapy sessions too. You know that it is all about your self perception and not based on anything apart from that.

What job so you do now and good luck with your plans of being a massage therapist.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jan
11-04-05, 21:32
Hi Helen

I am so glad that you had a great nite out well done. Anxiety is very tiring so much adrenalin is pumping round our bodies and our minds are working so fast that it is bound to be exhausting. You should speak to a pharmacist or you gp about taking the energy tablets or ask Meg she may know. Do you have a good diet and get exercise and plenty of sleep. Maybe its the hypnotherapy. It is making you relive things which you need to, facing your demons so to speak and this could be tiring you out.
"sounding like a boring old fart" thats me. I always go on about how terrible I feel and know that people get tired of it but I am sure that it isnt the same for you. You work so have different things to talk about, a very good interest I might add. If you lived near me (wishful thinking ) i'd volunteer to be a guinea pig!! Anyway dont worry so much you are doing just fine. As you have said yourself you are re-programming yourself. You have the confidence to have a full time job and that takes courage and determination. Be positive.

Take care and keep up the hypnosis.

xx

Janine

delta
12-04-05, 09:41
Hi Helen :D

This site is great, you will find a lot of support here. Amongst many other things I suffer from SA, to the point where I avoid going out these days, I find I don't enjoy myself when I do go out because I imagine everyone is judging me :( It sounds as though you have the right approach, well done and I'm glad you had a good night out.
Take care
Donna