PDA

View Full Version : Worrying thoughts every day

phil06
25-05-08, 18:14
I have daily worrying thoughts at the moment which seem to be in a cycle some new and some old ones which can worry me for one hour or more.

I don't have much to take my mind off them but they seem to make me worry about everything. Some are more worrying and horrible than others.

I try to relax but they come back once I go to do something and I end up feeling I need to worry or hear these anxious thoughts it's like they are controlling.

I'm not sure what's best to do to stop them I tried to walk but gave up after I still felt a bit anxious. :unsure:

mico
25-05-08, 21:17
I try to relax but they come back once I go to do something and I end up feeling I need to worry or hear these anxious thoughts it's like they are controlling.

What helped me a lot was to understand that no matter how many times I went over feared scenarios in my mind, I would never come to a helpful conclusion. These thoughts were never useful to me.

I think often, we're trying to prepare for situations that are impossible to prepare for, and in doing so we remain focused on our worst fears. In the end I managed to accept (at least to an extent) that some things were out of my control and I would deal with them more effectively as when they came along.

I'm not sure what's best to do to stop them I tried to walk but gave up after I still felt a bit anxious. :unsure:

These things take a long time. When you have this constant heightened level of anxiety there are no quick fixes. You can relax, do your breathing, start a new hobby, do your CBT, you can do all kinds. But you must accept that you have no real control over this on a short term basis. However, keeping up with any beneficial exercises over a lengthier timeframe will eventually produce results. It can be crushing to experience it first hand, to try everything in your power, putting your heart and soul into it, only to get no further forward. But you will move further forward eventually.

marie1974
25-05-08, 21:22
hiya u def need to keep busy so u dont have so much thinking time and although walking is brilliant cos eventually it makes u feel great and can get rid of anxietys and depression etc u can do stuff in doors to, but like micro said starting a hobbie is a good thing, cleaning tidying, writing reading anything just to stop u over thinking hugs to u xxxxxxxx

mico
25-05-08, 21:25
but like micro said

mico :winks: