PDA

View Full Version : does anyone get this

jjamie
26-05-08, 19:23
Is this like agorophobia:

I am ok going into shops,small towns,driving etc..but if I had to go into a city like London with bridges,busy roads and tall buildings I get panicy and my legs go to jelly and feel like I have to run!

Does anyone lese get this feeling in busy places like this?

amandaj
26-05-08, 19:41
i only have to pop to shop up corner of road ,and get shaky legs etc its anxiety but its horrible

belle
26-05-08, 19:41
Agoraphobia can vary in levels of how it effects people. For me, my agoraphobia stops me from doing anything and going anywhere, but other people may fear going into a specific place...but can go out fine in other situations.

Its possible that you have a form of agoraphobia, but you are lucky in that you can live normally otherwise.

x

eternally optimistic
26-05-08, 19:47
Hi

Yeah, I get like that. Not all the time, depends on my initial calmness.

If I've gone somewhere a little "up tight" then it can feel like the traffic is buzzing around me and the buildings are too tall and I am completed threatened by it all. Cant explain why though, if only we knew.

J

jjamie
26-05-08, 19:50
so you can get different degrees of agorophobia.....my problem doesnt seem to be small towns with normal buildings its big towns and big roads.Do some people struggle like this in even small towns and shops ?

jjamie
27-05-08, 18:36
has anyone coped well with going into a big city like London and how did they cope ?