PDA

View Full Version : annoying myself

cassi23
26-05-08, 20:03
Im getting my anxiety/panick back again, mainly in form of cant breath/fear i have brain tumor and im sure i have a heart prob.

Iv been checked out numerous times and i KNOW im ok, still though,i have these stupid thoughts which in themselves make me 'feel' the symptoms i worry about most and cause panick to a higher level!

Im just annoying myself bigtime because i dont want to think or feel these things but i cant seem to help it, even when im not conciously thinking of these things i can still get symptoms and to be honest i blo**y sick of it!

sorry...had to vent!
Cassi

breeze25
26-05-08, 21:23
Hi Cassi23, I know exactly where you are coming from, I had anxiety most of adult life and it comes and goes and I often have years without any problem, it all seems to kick start when I have a genuine symptom of something that is perfectly explainable, but I go into overdrive and panic and think I have the worst possible outcome, its helped that i dont google, but the last few weeks have been quiet hard as I have a new symptom, deep deep down I know what is causing it and I know its easily to sort, but even though my head is saying chill relax my mind seems hell bent on trying to send me back down THAT path which I do not want to go on.

Your not the only one who is sick of it, :hugs:

I have recently in the past 2 months come off my meds slowly, and just when I think I have cracked it, it comes back, I think I am starting to learn that I will never crack it, just try and live with it the best I can.

Insomniac
27-05-08, 17:35
Me too! In the daytime I can usually joke about it with my hubby, but at night I lie in bed wondering if that pain is cancer, blood clot... whatever other random life threatening thing my brain can come up with!

I'm still here though. And I never google.... I can come up with enough terrible ideas without that! :scared15: lol

Venting is OK. In fact I'm sure its good for you. Better than keeping it all in. When I feel bad I try the breathing & relaxation exercises recommended here. Sometimes I lie in bed trying to count backward from 300, or tensing and relaxing my muscles starting from my feet and working up. It doesn't always work straight away, but it does help. :yesyes:

MommyKC
28-05-08, 06:59
you are not alone, i am the same way. breathing and "relaxing" is great for many people but it only makes things worse for me, the quiet freaks me out..what helps me is busy myself with either the internet.. or come up with a hobby..ive started making necklaces for my daugher and her friends and i also do a lot of gardnaning. i also like to watch light hearted comidies before bed, i just got done watching 3rd rock from the sun..i also try not to watch or read anything too emotional in the news, movies or books.

Shone
28-05-08, 07:20
Good tip Lisa (Insomniac). you wrote exactly what im like, joke with husband during the day but when the night comes they still come back and all logic goes out the window. So fed up with them! I am gonna try to count back from 300, might fall asleep doing it with any luck.

polly123
28-05-08, 07:27
Hi Cassie
Join the club, with the cant breath symptom its the most frightening thing ever, i had it last night when i was lying in bed really thought that this is it. Im still here today though, i also find like others that reading a good book does seem to help me and ive also started to bake all my own cakes that also helps to take your mind off the problem, but id just like to say cassie your not on your own with this problem but i know that sometimes is does feel that way
TAKE CARE LOVE AND HUGS POLLY XXX

jojo2316
28-05-08, 18:20
Oh boy do I relate to you! I am annoying myself so bl**dy much at the moment. I feel frustrated to the point of tears with my own absurdity and filled with all-consuming dread that I am dying at the same time. Why can't I just get perspective and get ON WITH LIFE???

Today's stupidity: I have a (slight) ache in my right armpit. Therefore I must have a raised lymphnode: therefore I must have breast cancer.
The panic/dread/despair I feel about this is very real.
Yet I am not being sensible for three main reasons.
1)I can feel no obvious lump in my breast
2)My dad, a doctor, says I have no raised lymphnode under that arm.
and 3), I actually had a mammogram 8 weeks ago (due to a previous breast cancer obsession), which showed nothing unusual.

Normal people would not be worried about breast cancer given those facts. But I'm terrified. Duh!!!