PDA

View Full Version : Is it anxiety or the drugs?

robby86
27-05-08, 07:27
Hello, I have been taking 5mg's of Lexapro (escitilopram) I had a few side effects in the begining that went away after about three weeks and then I felt better than I have in years for about a week and then around the fourth week I started having a different kind of anxiety and I feel like I'm going to freak out and lose my mind and come out of my skin at any minute but never do and I feel really on edge. Also when I wake up I have this gloomy weird feeling and then it go's away or I have anxiety most of the day. Sometimes I have good days where I feel fine and then there are some days when I feel almost like I'm tripping on acid. Can someone please talk to me and let me know if you have ever had any weird things happen to you while taking Lexapro and if the problem went away and how long it took for the drug to work. I have been taking Lexapro for a month now.

robby86
27-05-08, 16:07
Anyone please! :unsure:

kellie
27-05-08, 18:58
hiya robby, i would suggest a talk with your doc and tell him how the meds are makeing you feel. as you sed you felt fine for about a wk and then got wierd feelings. they may need longer to kick in (normaly meds can take 2 to 8 wks) or they may just not be suiting you. some meds just dont suit ppl and they need a change.
so go talk to your doc about them

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

robby86
28-05-08, 07:40
Thank you for responding Kellie. It helps alot when you have people to talk to that know whats going on.

kimmy
31-05-08, 20:43
hey robby, not all tablets work for you but the fact you are having good days then 'bad' days means actually they are working. They take a long time to work properly and you need to persevere.

With anxiety my doctor said to me that If i didnt beleieve in the tablets then I should changed then, the thoughts of worrying about the tablets would increase you anxiety and give you more to worry about (like thats all you need ay)

When my anxiety was at its worst that was biggest fear I was going to lose it, freak out etc but you dont!! and wont neither. Its anxiety and thoughts. Thoughts dont hurt you. I know that sounds quiet patronising but please forgive me it is not meant to be that way, but trust me and I have been there and now its virtually gone :) I hope that helps xx

kimmy
31-05-08, 20:44
also as stoopid as it it, the side effects of most anti-d's have anxiety?? nice of them ay!!! if your only 4 weeks into the tablets its quite possible its still side effects!

robby86
01-06-08, 18:18
Thank you everyone very much! :bighug1: