PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm new.

sharon35
27-05-08, 10:41
Hello everyone,

I'm so pleased i found this web site. And there's people that i can talk to that are going through the same as me.
I dont really know where to begin, so i'll just tell you abit about myself.
I moved back to england 2 months ago after living in portugal for 4 years and started having panic attacts about getting a job and interviews. worrying and stressing so much i went to the doctor and he gave me sertaline 50mg, since taking these tablets 7 days ago i've felt more anxiety. can anyone advise me how long these side effects will last. I've also bottled out of two interviews already because of this.
Please help i dont like feeling like this.
xx:wacko:

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
27-05-08, 10:51
Hi Sharon35,
I don't know about that medication but I am sure someone here will,

I suffer from Agrophobia and anxiety, I am also an alcoholic, but going into Hospital 11th June to get detoxed.

Your not alone here believe me, I know exactly how you feel.

Take care,

Wayne

Mole08
27-05-08, 10:55
Hi Sharron im new aswell i was put on escitalopram and they made me feel horrible so stopped taking them then my doctor put me on amitriptyline and they made me feel funny aswell i think it just takes a while for your body to get used to them i think if the symptoms dont ease up then go back and see your GP he could change them for something more suitable dont stop taking them suddenly like i did you may end up feeling worse hope this helps xxxxx

kellie
27-05-08, 10:57
Hiya Sharon :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin:
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting about what ever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.

love and happiness
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

smudgie
27-05-08, 11:02
Hi

Firstly Id like to :welcome: you to the forum, you will meet so many people that will try to help you through this , you have come to a safe place.

im sorry your going through this at the moment and hope with the right info you will move on .

Going onto any new drug will almost give you some side effects and it always nearly says on the info may cause your systoms to become worse for a while.
Also like most of us you may have to try many before you find the right one for you as we are all different and our bodies react differently.

Perhaps talking to your GP again might help, he /she may explain how long the side effects last and how long before you start to feel better.

I do hope you find a solution and start to feel better soon

take care of you
smudgie:hugs:

Lindalou64
27-05-08, 12:46
Hello Sharon And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well.......linda

Pink Panic
27-05-08, 12:56
Hello Sharon

Welcome to No More Panic :hugs:

Pink
xxx

sharon35
27-05-08, 13:05
Thankyou everyone!!
So glad i found this site.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
27-05-08, 13:42
Hi Sharon

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Patty
27-05-08, 13:55
Hi Sharon35,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here. I can understand how you are feeling - taking panic attacks about getting a job & interviews. I have been stressed about this myself recently which has led to a lot of anxiety & panic attacks. All the best xx :bighug1:

Southern_Belle
27-05-08, 15:38
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the site. I felt much worse before better when I went on meds so if you do want to go that route hang in there. It took me about two weeks to feel well. Many here will understand your anxiety and panic and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

milly jones
27-05-08, 16:03
hi sharon

i agree with the others, meds do take time to settle, and hopefully u will start to gain some relief soon

welcome to nmp

milly xxx

chalky
27-05-08, 18:13
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

sharon35
29-05-08, 00:18
thankyou everyone for your lovely words, it's really nice having someone to speak to. i hope i can be of help to any of you.

xxxxxx