PDA

View Full Version : back there again...

cassi23
27-05-08, 16:01
convinced i have a heart problem,

last night was lying in bed, felt my heart beating in my chest whichever way i moved, couldnt stop it, also had slight agitated feeling, couldnt relax or get to sleep.
Got to 12.15 and dd started to cry as she is not well, i was so upset because obviously with the h/a i think she is seriously ill (she has a cold)

So she cried and i got upset, my heart started to race uncontrollably, iv got no idea how fast it was going, i couldnt keep still i was that agitated, felt like i needed to run a marathon!

Now i cant stop checking my pulse and thinking i have a problem...please reasusre me people or tell me straight up if you think theres a prob.

I was tired,worried about dd,and couldnt sleep.

Cassi xxx

cassi23
28-05-08, 22:07
thanx a bunch!!!

Cathy V
28-05-08, 22:27
Hey cassi, people did reply to you when you posted about this last night remember? and tonight youve answered your own question. You were tired and worried about your baby. Your reaction was normal and your heart is ok and doing what it should do. When you felt your heart racing it was a normal reaction to hearing your baby crying. If its racing today its because you're anxious about it and keep checking it out...something we all do, even tho we know it just makes the anx worse.

People will answer your posts if you give them a bit of time.

Take care
Cathy :)

nomorepanic
28-05-08, 22:43
I think it is cos you posted twice so people replied to one and not the other.

Don't take it personally please.

iMysterio
29-05-08, 02:40
Hello Cassi ,

Next time you feel these sensations / symptoms , and you can't sleep ; get out of your bed and go watch TV , exercise , take a walk outside or anything to distract you from your thoughts .
Years ago , I suffered palpitations and I had a habit of checking my pulse . This was a habit I learned to replace . So I would advise you replace that habit by rubbing your thigh strongly or pinch yourself if you prefer and then think of some activity to go an distract yourself with until your relaxed .

Finally , be reassured there is no problem , this is just one of anxiety's parlor tricks and nothing more . A classic symptom and a common habit of anxiety sufferers .

Regards ,