PDA

View Full Version : very fast pulse..help!

cassi23
27-05-08, 16:17
Last night was awake as could feel my pulse albeit normal rate/rhythm, when trying to get to sleep...it stopped me getting to sleep.

My daughter started to cry and suddenly my pulse is raging so fast i felt it was going to explode, i ran downstairs,ate a banana dancing around on the spot as was so agitated, then took my tablet with a drink!

I have 80mg propranolol for as and when i feel i need it - i never have to take it - last night i needed it!

Is there something wrong with me or was this just another panic attack?

Background is, i was soooo tired and couldnt sleep, been worrying about baby as has a cold and last night a very high temp, i was so sad for her that she was uncomfortable and also couldnt sleep

Soz for rant
Cassi

Cathy V
27-05-08, 21:00
Hi Cassi, from what you say i think your heart behaved in a perfectly normal way, in response to you hearing your baby cry, and your anx about her health at the moment. I think under the circumstances it would have been a bit odd if it hadn't started racing. If you have health anxiety then you're already sensitive to everything that goes on inside of you, but i wouldn't worry about this perfectly normal reaction.

Also, if the propranolol was your first, try to live without them if you can. They can be great short term but like alot of meds they can also make anx worse long term. Some people have no probs on them but others have, me included in the past.

Thake care
Cathy xxx :)

Cathy V
27-05-08, 21:02
...Oh and i love the bit about about dancing with the banana :D

cassi23
27-05-08, 22:26
lol, i know, i get so paranoid when i do eventually have to take a tablet,as it says not to have one on an empty stomach - so i was trying my hardest to eat it but just couldnt keep still! hahaha,sounds so silly now!

I know about the meds,but (and i know it sounds silly) i feel better knowing they are there to make me feel better if i need them - i hardly ever take them...last time before last night was january!

glad you think it was normal...it just felt so bad my heart could have exploded it was going so fast/hard, i suppose its true what you said about anx sufferers feeling it more.

thanks for your reassurance

charxxx

Cathy V
27-05-08, 22:53
No probs cassi, i hope you get some sleep anyway.

Cathy xx :)