PDA

View Full Version : naturalcalm

pineapplechunk
27-05-08, 20:32
hi, i have just (as in one day ago) started taking natural calm as i have anxiety i tend to really worry about things to easily (i think about things to much which cause me to feel very very anxious) i wanted to take st johns wort but after realising it can affect the pill i decided against taking it. i was wondering if anyone know how long naturalcalm took to roughly start to work.

my main reason to take it was mainly cos i am due to take my driving test for the 5th time and i sooo wanna pass and the reason why i have not passed yet it because i panic and get very anxiets before, i dont mean the normal worry kjind i mean really bad where i shake, go really red get headache have a burst of energy that i cant seem to control, i feel sick, this is what happens when ever i worry. so i though this may help ease it a tad and help me to pass, as the fact is i can actually drive and i never stress when having lessons im actually a perfect driver as my teacher tells me just the test has me in terror, it just scares me to death that i may never pass as my anxiety really does take over and i become this diffrent person which no matter what i do it never works. i tryed rescue remedy did not work...i even had a full portion of the sweets they do before my test and i was still nervous lol so hoping this will work as im really not sure what else i can do any advice would be great!

thanks

mila
27-05-08, 21:02
what is natural calm?

pineapplechunk
27-05-08, 21:19
its a herbal remedy that helps treat nervous tenshion and also anxiety

Cathy V
27-05-08, 21:19
NaturalCalm. If theyre the same as i'm thinking of they were small pills to take every day, all natural ingredients and you can buy them in Boots and health shops etc. They were really good controlling my ectopics a few years ago. They should work within 24hrs easily if not sooner and they don't make you feel as spaced out as some of the 'real' meds, theyre much gentler but you can feel they are calming you.

Theres absolutely no side effects as far as i know (unless someone on nmp has suffered on them) the worst that can happen is that they might not work for you! In fact i might ask my doc about them again, coz ive been taking betablockers for high BP since last year and wonder if these would be strong enough to help with that.

Hope this helps
Cathy xxx :)

pineapplechunk
27-05-08, 21:36
thanks! yeah they are the same one. just wanted to try herbal things first to see how they worked before maybe going to doctors. its not a problem that is their 24/7 but i would say at least a few times a week it will happen that i worry and get anxiety over really daft things and i dont seem to be able to unwind or calm down so hopefully this will work my test is in two weeks so if i begin taking them now may have kicked in by then :)

pineapplechunk
27-05-08, 21:38
oh one more thing...
what are betablockers? heard them before but was not sure what ppl take them for?

Cathy V
27-05-08, 21:56
Beta-blockers such as propranolol, inderol, bisoprolol etc are usually pescribed for ppl with anx and panic as they slow down the heart. They can be used to treat high BP and sometimes migraine too. If you go to the medication section on the main menu you'll get lots of info about them.

Some ppl are fine taking them and others find they can have alot of side effects, so if you can cope with your anx by taking herbals...stick with them i'd say!

Cathy xx :)

pineapplechunk
27-05-08, 22:21
yeah i'm def going to give the herbal things a try and see how i go and hopefully in the long run it will work out.

thanks again for the advice

anyone else with any helpfull hinds would be great!

laurap
27-05-08, 22:30
the y ccan take a while to work have to tried any of the flower remedys they would help you a lot quicker

pineapplechunk
28-05-08, 15:54
what flower remedys?