PDA

View Full Version : re-introducing myself

shiv
28-05-08, 12:12
Hi, my name's Siobhan and although I'm certainly not new to this forum I haven't posted here for some time.

Well the thing is I'm starting to have a relapse which happens every 2 or 3 years and usually lasts for several months at least. And yep, the usual story, I get a brand new list of symptoms/emotions/obsessions. so this is what's going on for me at the moment.

Been working for the last 15 months as a community carer and although I love my job, Ive lately started feeling that I could benefit from having my own carer!! I recently started suffering from chronic IBS (Used to get severe gastritis) and feeling very stressed out. Then a couple of weeks ago had my first serious panic attack for over year- although I still have ongoing low-level anxiety attacks which I've learnt to live with and can manage quite happily. Anyway I had this weird feeling that I had no strength in my stomach and kind of felt really weak around my torso which sent me into major panic mode. Well got over that one but since have been feeling achy, fluey, just generally unwell. Last night, was feeling grotty and then began feeling what I can only describe as confused, agitated and disorientated. This led to my mind racing and a feeling that I really find hard to describe. I felt like my brain was going to short circuit. I felt utterly mad and that I had NO control over my mind or feelings. I felt doom but not in an "I'm going to die" way. But that I was really going to crack up. I couldn't control my thoughts and that led to the most horrible panic I've ever had. Took me a good 20 minutes to get over the worst of it. Needless to say I've spent the morning googling psychosis and decided to log on here and have seen some similar episodes.

I really needed to get that off my chest and damn, it feels good. :)

It's great to back! (Although I wish the circumstances were better!)

Siobhan x

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
28-05-08, 13:19
Hiya,
I suffer from agraphobia and anxiety and other things!

But my Wife suffers with IBS so I totaly understand how that can affect your life.

Take care,

Wayne

Southern_Belle
28-05-08, 14:28
Hi Shiv,

Welcome back! It has been a long time since you were last here. I do hope this is just a blip and things will settle down. My thought is to try and figure out what has been stressing you out for the last few months and that may help. Some IBS can be controlled by diet others by meds. I do not know how severe yours is whether you need to go to the doctor or not. I hope you feel better soon.

Many hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
28-05-08, 19:04
Hello Shiv ,welcome Back....wish Ya Well...........linda

nomorepanic
28-05-08, 19:21
Hi Shiv

Welcome back. Sorry it is under these circumstances though.

Have you been looking after yourself in terms of diet, relaxation and exercise recently?

Sometimes when we think we are better we go back to bad habits and then the anxiety returns!

p.s. say Hi to to your dad from me.

shiv
30-05-08, 10:07
Thank you all of you who replied and lovely to hear from nic and laura again. I hope that you are well. I'm definitely going to hang around. Symptoms are escalating again and I know it's an easier road to go down with you guys around.

Siobhan x:hugs:

jo61
30-05-08, 10:37
Welcome back. I'm sure you remember how the support you got before helped. Hopefully we can help you again. :hugs:

milly jones
30-05-08, 17:11
hi

welcome to nmp hun

sorry that uve had to return but its nice to met u

hope ull gain strenth to fight it once more

milly xx :flowers:

AmyB
30-05-08, 19:06
Hi, Shiv

Your symptoms sound so much like my own!! I have odd days where i feel ill with flu like symptoms and that sends me into panic mode.
I honestly think that it's the start of a stroke or brain bleed and that i'm going to drop dead there and then.

My panic attacks are so scarey like yours with racing thoughts that i can't control it really feels like i'm on the brink of madness!!
When i get these attacks i find it better to hide away in bed as being around the kids and hubby seems to make me paranoid.

I suffer from these attacks every few years and they last several months. This episode is the longest as it started back in October but the first attack since 2002. Thought i'd got through all of this but obviously not!

Take care x

Pink Panic
30-05-08, 19:08
Hi Shiv

Welcome back :hugs: I never got to know you the first time round but hopefully will this time.
Take good care.

Pink
xxx

chalky
30-05-08, 20:59
Hi Siobhan,

Welcome back to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

joolz10
30-05-08, 21:13
Hi

Sorry to hear your back hear again..... Only mean by that your having problems again take care love and hugs XXXX

Joolz