PDA

View Full Version : Driving myself crazy

precious78
28-05-08, 13:16
Hi there

I am new to this forum, although I have read a lot of your posts in the past couple of weeks.

I am constantly working myself up into a state as I am convinced I have got some life-threatening disease. I have done as a lot of you ahve done and googled my symptoms and so far I have had ALS, Motor nuron disease, MS, a brain tumour, Lukemia, Diabetes, HIV, cancer, the list goes on.

This all started for me I think about four years ago when I was diagnosed with gallstones and the drs failed to spot it, even though a friend had already suggested it to me. After this, every time I get ill, even slightly, I seem to blow things out of proportion and believe I am dying.

Recently I started getting skipped heart beats and went to my Dr who said he thought it was anxiety. I naturally didn't beleive him as he had been wrong before. I proceeded to see another Dr who sent me for some blood tests for anaemia and thyroid. They were clear, as was my ECG and my cardio memo.

The skipped beats have died down only to be replaced with a myriad of other things.

I daily suffer with extreem tiredness, twitching, buzzing, a burning tongue, pains in my head and eyes, leg cramps, indigestion, tingling in my hands and arms.

I am so fed up of feeling like this and am driving myself silly over it. I keep trying to tell myself that the raft of blood tests I have had - FBC, thyroid, LFTs (I'm paranoid about my liver being bad) - should have shown uip an abnormaility if there was something wrong. But could they have missed anything?

Some days I feel like I am going mad!

David_1
28-05-08, 13:44
hi Precious i know how you feel completely 5 or so weeks ago my blood test's came back very slightly abnormal around my kidney region,i have a kidney scan on Friday i have convinced myself of many cancers kidney.bladder,prostate now im in a state of depression i feel tired fatigue and sick now i feel i may have kidney cancer ( been googleing again :-( .
I feel the need for reasurrance but i feel ive pesttered everybody for 5 weeks about it and dont who else to talk to and to make matters worse it is putting a strain on my marriage.Why do we think this way.

Trixie
28-05-08, 14:18
Gall stones can be really painful and they are not a nice thing to have. My anxiety centres around my cat believe it or not. I have a brain tumour and I am due to have another MRI next Monday but I don't think about it. Worrying is not going to make any difference to it at all.

I am sorry you feel so down. Do you not have any hobbies that you could do to take your mind of your body?

I do water colour painting and write comedy. Stay away from Google:)

:flowers:

iMysterio
29-05-08, 05:11
Hello Precious ,

Here is a link below to demonstrate the spectrum of anxiety ; you will notice your symptoms are amongst them . Click on the link below and observe and realize how crafty anxiety can be .

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

Hope this is of assistance .....

Regards ,

precious78
29-05-08, 12:59
Thank you for your replies.

It is really good to know that you're not the only one suffering. I constantly find myself checking myself to see what symptoms I have. I think my problem is that I know far too much and once you have that knoewldge you can't take it away. It's rediculous as I have a bad memory but I can remember every single systom of certain diseases. It's like it enters my thoughts every minute of every day. It's no wonder I often feel dizzy.

Does anyone else do the checking thing? I wake up in the morning and check to see how I'm feeling.

If I've got a headache it's meningitis, if I've got a bad stmach, it's cancer, the list goes on...

Trixie
29-05-08, 13:46
Thank you for your replies.

It is really good to know that you're not the only one suffering. I constantly find myself checking myself to see what symptoms I have. I think my problem is that I know far too much and once you have that knoewldge you can't take it away. It's rediculous as I have a bad memory but I can remember every single systom of certain diseases. It's like it enters my thoughts every minute of every day. It's no wonder I often feel dizzy.

Does anyone else do the checking thing? I wake up in the morning and check to see how I'm feeling.

If I've got a headache it's meningitis, if I've got a bad stmach, it's cancer, the list goes on...

No in fact I am the reverse ( I am not scared of the doctor or anything).

I had a very painful right foot for six months before I went to the doctors. I could hardly put it to the ground it was so bad.

It turned out to be plantar faciitis I had to have physio' once a week then go into the day hospital and have an injection into my sole and a special thing made for my shoe.

This went on for 18 months with no relief in the end I had to have an operation on my foot (the first ever done in my county) and I was in hospital for 4 days and on crutches for 5 months. My two smallest toes are now paralysed due to nerve damamge.

If only I had gone to the doctor sooner:blush:

precious78
29-05-08, 15:13
I'm not scared of the Dr, in fact I live there at the moment which makes we worry that they don't take me seriously. But even hypocondriacs get ill sometimes.

crunchie01
03-06-08, 17:19
hi precious

in the past couple of years i have had; breast cancer,skin cancer,nail cancer,vulva cancer,prolapsed womb,cervical cancer,ovarian cancer,pcos,hiv,dvt,mouth cancer,oral thrush obviously related to me thinking i have hiv, and now its hayfever season i have earache on and off itchy eyes,sneezing and i also got pollen induced asthma so i think ive pretty much had everything and dr google certainly does not help and when i get myself into a state my chest feels tight too which doesnt help the asthma which then talks me into hiv again,its a complete circle.i really wish i could stop thinking like this.
pm anytime you want to

jennie xx