PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do!

sharon35
28-05-08, 16:52
hello,
I'm new and have been having panic attacks for the last 2 months after returning to the uk from portugal, ive been trying to find a job and when the interview comes round i panic so much ,ive cancelled 3 interviews now.
i really dont know what to do i feel usless and dont know how to got over this. ive been to my doctor and he gave me sertraine 50mg ive been taking them for 7 days now and feel worse not better. its driving me crazy.
Please can someone give me some advice please, i really dont know where to turn.

thankyou sharon.

yorkylover
28-05-08, 16:58
Hi Sharon and:welcome: you will get lots of support here and friendly advise here.
Taking new meds can make you feel yuk for a while until your body gets used to them.Mine took about 2 weeks to settle down,and they take a while to make you feel better as well.
I cant help with the interviews Im afraid,as I struggle myself ,but Im sure someone here will offer you some positive advise.
Sending you a hug.:bighug1:

sharon35
28-05-08, 17:05
thankyou ellen for your advice i'm going to give the meds a few more days if no inprovment i go back to the doctors.

sharon xx

Kate408
28-05-08, 17:25
Personally, when I have an interview for a job, I convince myself that i'm not really bothered about the job - ie whether I get it or not, and that i'm too good for the job anyway. I go in there, feeling confident that I know i'm too good for the job, and then it's much easier. Obviously if I don't get it, then i'd just tell myself that they obviously didn't get to know me well enough!!! :)
(I know that sounds like i'm really up-myself, but it helps to think like that - even if it's not entirely true)

You need to have more confidence in yourself. If anything, interviews are good practice for future interviews. Try not to worry so much about getting the job.

I hope this makes sense - sometimes I think i've just waffled on and no-one's going to understand what i'm trying to say!

Good luck with the meds
xx

sharon35
29-05-08, 10:35
Thankyou katie for your advice i will try that.
you dont sound up yourself i wish i was more like you.
xxxxxxx

Sax
29-05-08, 10:46
Hi Sharon,

A very warm welcome to Nmp I'M SURE you'll get some sound advice and make some good friends here.
About your meds I just want to add that starting any new anti depressant can take at least two to four weeks for your body to adjust and you receive any positive result. As for the job interview I suggest you put it on hold until you feel the positive effect of the meds then go into it having prepared fully and know there is no more you can do. If you get it brill and if not then it was good preparation for the next.
Its not worth panicing over eh! I know this sounds like a flippant remark and its not meant as such I do understand those panic feelings, just saying that number one is you and feel right, number two is the job as there are more than one of those.:winks:
Hey take care and give those meds a chance, don't dismiss them until you've given them a good few weeks to help you. :)

sharon35
29-05-08, 11:21
Thankyou sax,
Thats sounds like very good advise to me.
i'll take what you said onboard and chill out for a bit and get myself better.
this message just made me smile. xxx