PDA

View Full Version : have been really stupid

lesleyB
28-05-08, 17:18
Well I went shopping and thought I will buy myself cake, already worried about my weight, cholesterol and heart, so what did I do, ate not 1 but 2 chocolate eclairs in the car before I set of for home. Feel really sick and want to cry, just because I was fed up and tired today I comfort eat doesn't help when your husband comes home from golf and says hello to the dogs and ignore you.I thought of making myself sick but thought better of it.
what a greedy pig I am:ohmy: I deserve to be fat!!!!
Lesleyb:doh:

dawny
28-05-08, 17:25
lesley....

...join the club, if im not eating, im smoking...

love dawny

fairyloveheart
28-05-08, 17:27
You are not a greedy pig atall, we all have days when we comfort eat I reckon! I myself, ate a bag of strawberry and white chocolate fudge from thorntons and wait for it, almost an entire box of their toffi-chocs this afternoon.It's doing it every day when it becomes more naughty!

xxx

milly jones
28-05-08, 18:12
give urself a break hun,

we have to cope with this illness on a daily basis,

a little naughtiness is allowed from time to time

if its 2 choc eclairs or a bag of crisps, tomorrows another day

dont be so hard on urself

love

millyxx

Trixie
28-05-08, 18:16
Don't be so down on yourself. It is not the end of the world and worse things happen at sea.

Were they fresh cream éclairs? I haven't had one of those for a long time. It would be good if all the nice tasting things were calorie free and lettuce was made illegal.

If I could eat anything I wanted for a day without putting on weight. It would be

A tin of condensed milk.

Vanilla ice cream sprinkled in flaked almonds with dollops of clotted cream.

A huge box of real Belgian chocolates.

Three finest fresh cream cakes.

And a lobster.:yesyes:

lesleyB
28-05-08, 18:51
Thank you all for your replies,I am comfort eating nearly everyday now it has to stop.Trixie they were fresh cream ones ,I am just being rediculous worried about heart and then stuffing my face with cream( they were nice though).
I will start tomorrow being good and hopefully will beable to get back into my clothes. I walk the dogs for an hour each day stupidly thought this would compensate for the extra calaries:doh: will I never learn!!!!!!!!!
good to know I am not the only one thought.
Lesleyb

kate
28-05-08, 19:16
I just had Chinese takeaway for tea followed by 2 caramel Freddo choc bars :blush:

Kate

jesse08
28-05-08, 19:37
Hi there, I really wouldn't worry about two eclairs. That's not being a greedy pig at all. If you are worried about comfort eating maybe you could look at your diet overall and see where you might be emotionally eating instead of eating when you're hungry. As someone has already said, everyone has a treat or eats two cakes instead of one now and again. If you keep beating yourself up about it, you're more likely to eat four of them next time etc etc.
I hope you enjoyed them anyway. Take Care

lesleyB
29-05-08, 17:06
Thank you for your replies, but I fear it has got worse. Daughter is over today not feeling good so went to Starbucks, well a coffee frapchino with wipped cream and carrot cake. I am not teaching her well !!!!!:doh: Oh and we bought choclate for later ,no hopers:ohmy: .
Lesleyb

kate
29-05-08, 17:16
Mmmmmmm frapachino (or however you spell it) :D

Kate

jesse08
29-05-08, 18:38
Hi Lesley, I'll start with being practical....lol. Do you have chocolate cravings specifically? It could be you need to eat more protein which can be a sign. Also if you're short of magnesium that can cause you to want to eat chocolate.

As a friend, I'd say again, don't beat yourself up too much. It doesn't sound like you ate Starbucks out of existence!!! Maybe it was just a social occasion to share something nice to eat with your daughter. Take Care

Liverbird67
29-05-08, 19:49
Hiya Lesley

Don't worry hun, you are certainly not greedy, fairyloveheart what are you like? ( I wish I was as brave as you!)

Nobody ever feels guilty after eating salad, and you never hear anyone say ooo I've got a really craving for carrots today.

Life stinks!

Love to all
Liverbird
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

fairyloveheart
29-05-08, 20:04
I don't drink, I don't smoke, so my theory is I am allowed chocs and sweets!
I try and eat healthy meals - am veggie, and cook everything from scratch - so then I figure that means I can eat double chocs and double sweets!!

Like everyone's said - I don't think anyone should beat themselves up. We all have naughty days and good days!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lesleyB
31-05-08, 09:32
Hi Jesse,Liverbird and Fairy, thanks for your replies.I don't drink or smoke either but even if I have just eaten and have a full stomach I will suddenly feel the need for cake or chocolate very bizare. Could it be the meds I am on? Anyway will try and be good as I need to lose weight putting on too much and that will give me anxiety as am scared of high cholesteral.
:bighug1: :bighug1:
Lesleyb

teresasavin
31-05-08, 19:24
Hi Lesley,

Im a bit of a newbie on here but was very interested in your post. Im 25 and I have been on over/comfort eater all my life. Ive always been a very big person from about the age of 10 I remember buying ladies size 12 jeans back then. Im 25 now and wear a size 20 and I have done every diet to lose weight.

I eat, then get guilty because I have eaten and in turn eat more. I only feel happy inside when Im eating.

Please dont beat yourself up about it, just think that tomorrow is a new day and you can start again. I used to get terribly guilty for eating too much or bad foods and that made me sink back down in to a depressive state even further. The best thing you can do it to not feel guilty. Just accept you have done it and push it to the back of your mind.

Im starting the lighter life plan next week and feel really really determined and focused right now. Im dying to be a nice slim size 12-14.

Good luck.

Teresa

lesleyB
01-06-08, 11:21
Hi Teresa, welcome to the site and thank you for your reply.I too have been a comfort eater and turn to food at the slightest mishap. Good luck with the Lighter Life program, a friend of mine lost stones on that.:yesyes:
Lesleyb

Emaa
02-06-08, 11:54
It's understandable when you comfort eat. I know I do it.

I've been walking my dog everyday now for 2 weeks and I've lost 5 pounds :) You said you had dogs? Walk them more. I've been pigging out and walking the dog and I'm still loosing weight. :)

Ema xx

lesleyB
02-06-08, 14:13
Hi Emaa, I must be piggin out more than you cos I thought I would lose weight walking the dogs I think I am just maintaining and not losing. Back to work tommorrow (More stress agh!!!!) :doh:
Lesleyb

Emaa
02-06-08, 16:34
Well keep walking the dogs, Whatever you do DON'T starve yourself.

An easier way of controlled eating I think is like they tell you after you've had a child, Instead of 3 normal meals a day, eat 6 small meals instead. It kind of tricks your body, your body doesn't know if it's getting more food and it doesn't know when it'll get more. So it eats up more fat.

........... In more scientifical terms.. I'm just not that bright lol =oP

We could do it together if you want? I know it's always easier with someone helping you.

I know that my social anxiety is because of my weight. But fortunatley, my village is in the hills (I'm from Yorkshire lol) So I can pretty much walk up our estate and I'm on the moors. No-one's there to judge me so I'm okay :)

... This is your post and I'm babbling about myself lol.

All I'm saying chick is, if you need some support to help you loose weight, maybe even a diet buddy let me know ^^

I are trying to shed some pounds anyways lol.
Emz xx

lesleyB
03-06-08, 10:27
Hi Emaa, good idea to try togther; think we need to set a date to start not a diet a healthy eating plan.I wish I lived near you and then we could walk together.:yesyes:
Lesleyb

Emaa
03-06-08, 19:07
Yeah awesome!! =) I'm glad you said yes ^^

Where abouts in the UK are you?

You got msn? Or an email address? It'd be easier to talk that way :P PM me it if you like.
Emz xx

lesleyB
04-06-08, 11:21
Hi Emaa, my email is lesley@les-beads.co.uk. hope you are ok just read your posts from last night.:bighug1:
Lesleyb
Ps husband has just bought me a huge bar of choc I have no hope:doh:

Emaa
04-06-08, 12:54
Added :)

And yeah, everything's fine at this end now chick. ^^]
Emz xxxx

Cathy V
04-06-08, 13:22
I was really happy to discover Starbucks here in germany, coz i used to use the one inside sainsbury before i moved over here, and my fave is caramel macchiatto and one of those yummy choc caramel shortcake squares...ive obviously got a thing for caramel then!

Cathy xxx :D

lesleyB
05-06-08, 09:20
Yum!! Cathy,I am now in the health risk weight range, big shock need to do something now!!!!!:doh:
Lesleyb

Emaa
06-06-08, 12:57
Lesley, just letting you know I've PM'd you. [:
Emz xx