PDA

View Full Version : New and unsure

joolz10
28-05-08, 21:04
Hi I am Julie :)

New to this so please handle with care. :hugs:

Suffering from panic attacks, stress and anxiety been off work one month now but want and need to go back.

I am one of the governments "forgotten poor" I have 2 jobs and both incomes are not enough for standards of living. I have no debts and my normal monthly income is £1030.00 per month my outgoings are £1170.00 per month. I am a proud person that does not want to go on benefits but it looks as though I am on my way and will go kicking and screaming. My alternative is to cut down my food bills or break the law by not paying my car insurance/tax etc, please dont say get rid of my car I need it I leave one job at 4.30 and start my next one at 5.30 and no public transport can help me out with that. Please dont judge me I am not a scrouger and I do have pride in myself.

As you can imagine this is giving me a lot of stress and daily panic attacks. I set myself a goal to go out each day and each day as I get ready to go I just panic, cry, pase the floor etc as I am to scared to go !!!! I do make it out most days but sometimes its so easy to stay indoors.

Hope I have not scared you off it was not intentional. I need help and bless the NHS will help me but I need to go on the waiting list. I can get help now with counselling/hypnois but it will cost money which of course I have not got.

Apart from the above I am (I think) I am a normal single person (45 omg OAP) ha ha that is struggling with life right now, and need some cash behined me to build up my confidence again.

5ft 9inches tall and slim - left leg for sale if anyone needs one......MAKE ME AN OFFER:yesyes:

RHUBARB57
28-05-08, 21:09
hi welcome,
i'm relatively new here too and i totally understand your situation! have you been prescribed any medication?

joolz10
28-05-08, 21:14
Yes but I cant afford the £7.10 cost of a perscription every month so not taking anything apart form kalms which I got over the counter. Sorry that sounds so stupid but that's life

pineapplechunk
28-05-08, 21:18
hi! im new too! :) its nice to know that their are ppl out their that get the same feelings as i do i really thought it was only me that had anxiety this much about little (well not to me) things. i have not seen a doctor yet about my anxiety but it is only cos i never knew it was a condition kinda thought i was making it up as i dont know anyone who has it like i do, took herbal stuff and none seem to work so may have to see doctor not sure yet. just i find it hard to explain to ppl as i dont feel they understand they think i just get nervous and am silly but it is much more that that as you will know. any advice that you may have about how to cope with generalized anxiety as it drives me mad, to the point where i cant pass my driving test!! as i worry to much which causes me to fail :(

RHUBARB57
28-05-08, 21:24
thats a pity cos it sounds like you could do with some meds to help you through whilst waiting for counselling! i don't think you should feel any shame in maybe having to claim some benefits as it sounds like you work hard and pay your taxes so why not!!
there is a product you can buy from health food shops called 5htp which a couple of my friends take and swear by for calming them and helping with depression! i have no idea how much it is though!
things will get better, its hard work and tiny steps but you'll get there in the end!
:)

pineapplechunk
28-05-08, 21:29
sorry just realised i did not say who i was lol

I'm jenny 25 currently working pt recently went to uni but till i know what i want to do im just working pt, it all good. been learning to drive now for about 2 1/2 years!!!( on and off) .....im not a bad driver at all im actually really good but i have now took my test five times and its all cos i get really bad anxiety before lessons and my tests i think to much about everything i get really bad headaches, i get dizzy, i have this tenshion that i cant get rid off which makes me find it heard to breath at times. I go bright red all over my body (im a red head!) like blochy on my face and neck which makes me stress more. I cant stay still i get sickly...i talk and talk for england its just horrid and what ever i take it never goes away taken a few remedy products but they dont work tryed all the rescue remedy which was not even any help at all.

i generally worry over silly things that other ppl would prob not i.e what i will wear for a driving lesson!!!!! how mad is that! or waiting for a bus i get anxiety as i am scared it will not turn up then i will have to walk or find another way to get home...i just think to much and i dont know what is the best option really any advice would be great!!!...and also maybe to know that other ppl are like me to.

Odd thing is though....genraly im quiet a confident person i even did theatre studies at uni and i was really good at it, the fact that i can act on stage in front of ppl and not get anxiety.....thats what i dont understand?

joolz10
29-05-08, 11:12
Rhubarb57 thank you for your support, some days I think I have lost the plot and its nice when people like you remind me that I have not. I wish I could get help with the cost of living but I cant I have tried every avenue and all I get is NO, I am in touch with Welfare Rights and bless them even they cant help me but they are trying to come up with an E petition to get the government to change a law that will allow single people in low paid jobs get help. So watch this space.....
Thanks again for your support

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
29-05-08, 12:32
Hi everyone,
Just a couple of comments,
Regarding seeing a GP, don't be afraid to tell them your symptoms, it's very common and GP's will prescribe something for it.
Also if you feel the GP you saw was not understanding, see another one, you will find the right one who will totaly understand.

Also about acting on stage and being anxious at other times, I understand that, My Wife is a singer and she is quite a shy person but she can perform on stage no problems, she has also been on a tv series acting.

Take care all,

Wayne

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
29-05-08, 12:34
Also you may be entitled to tax credits etc, then you get a card to get free precsriptions!

Southern_Belle
29-05-08, 13:37
Hi Joolz,

Welcome to the site. As you have already seen many here understand how you feel and you will get support.

Many hugs,

Laura

Pink Panic
29-05-08, 13:49
Hi Joolz and Welcome :hugs:

I was just gonna say that you might be entitled to free prescriptions but someone beat me too it. This place is great and you will meet some lovely people.

Love
Pink
xxx

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
29-05-08, 13:55
Yes it can be bloody expensive going to the GP for prescriptions!

I sometimes get propranolol, cocodomols for my carpel tunnel, and maybe some diazepams! 3 is over £21!!! I have in the past paid the full price for just 4 diazepams for my fear of flying, thats nearly 2 quid a tablet! LOL

Wayne

milly jones
29-05-08, 20:26
hi joolz,

will swop u a nmp hug for a welcome

hope u find nmp a really useful place to spend me time

milly xx

Lindalou64
29-05-08, 20:28
Hello Joolz And Welcome..i Wish Ya Well.........linda

chalky
29-05-08, 21:29
Hi Joolz,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
30-05-08, 07:00
Hi Julie

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

joolz10
30-05-08, 07:48
Hi All

Had a bad day yesterday, I was hopping to return to work and get on with my life but when it came to leaving home at 8am my coruage just got up and left without me. I ended up going back to bed crying my eyes out. Later in the day I decieded to try and go for a walk, which I managed and walked for about an hour, then when it was time to turn round and walk home again, I just couldnt do it I had that much tension in my body I could'nt walk. Luckly I did have my phone with me and got my brother to come and get me and he got me home safe. My aim today is to go out and buy a book on this subject which will hopefully help make me understand these feelings and how to try and control them. Fingers crossed I can complete this target for today......

Thanks to everyone who has sent me a message it is nice to no I am not going mad and I will stop looking for the yellow van with the square wheels thats coming to take me away Ha ha

Julie

sloeginlin
30-05-08, 08:49
Hi Joolz,

I am new too and I completely understand how you feel. Welcome to the group.

Lindaxx

kellie
30-05-08, 20:16
Hiya Joolz :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Take a good look around the site and keep posting about whatever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

joolz10
30-05-08, 21:04
I acheived today not one panic attack yipee feel good thanks everyone its nice to feel wanted

J XX

kellie
31-05-08, 13:20
Well done hun im so glad you have had a panic free day.
I hope you have many more to come as well. keep posting and talking to us, it does help to talk.

love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
01-06-08, 20:40
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

joolz10
02-06-08, 10:05
Hi Everyone again thank you for your support.

I had a panic free weekend and spent most of the time with family and friends.

Today I have to go out for an appointment at 11.30, I am so close to cancelling this appointment as I am now panicing about leaving the house. I really dont understand these feelings and why today I am scared to go out.

I will go to my appointment has anyone got any advice ?

Thanks

Julie

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
02-06-08, 10:11
Hi Julie,
Is it a DR's appointment?

Wayne

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
02-06-08, 10:23
If it is, I like someone to come with me (My Wife) and if I feel bad I will wait outside and she calls me when it's my turn, if on my own I would tell the receptionist that I suffer from axienty and could I wait somewhere else or outside and be called.
I hate waiting rooms, even when I took my 13 year old step son to the dentist I had to wait outside, I told the dentist and was very understanding.

You will be fine, don't go on an empty stomach either, I find if I am hungry I feel more faint when suffering.

I did actualy manage to go on my own the other Day for my first counciling session, there was a cancelation and my Wife was at work and I got about 1/2 Hour notice, took a diazpam and bit the bullet and I done it, I was quite proud of myself!

Take care.

Wayne

joolz10
02-06-08, 19:56
Thanks Wayne you made me sort myself out I had an appiontment with Occupational Health regarding my return to work. Work wanted me to go back next Monday even though I still have a sick note, Occupational Health agreed with my GP that I am not well or strong enough to return to work yet. I have agreed to try and return on the 2nd July and I will do part time hours over 3 weeks before going back full time. This has taken a worry off my shoulders and felt today even though I was in a state before attending the appointment it ended up being positive for me. I have my first appointment on Wednesday this week and that will also be my first counselling session so I will take my diazpam and hopefully go in positive. I am also going to try some Hypnotherapy, NLP and EFT treatments on Friday this has to be paid for (but bless my Mum she is paying for my treatment) I am looking forward to that even if it just gives me some relaxation tips so I can calm down and not feel aggitated all the time. Has anyone else tried any of the above treatments and did it work for you?

Best Wishes to all keep in touch

Julie

Dr Kong, AKA Wayne
02-06-08, 22:00
Hi Julie,
I don't know about those treatments personaly.

I am glad you feel positive about your appointment.

The other Day I had to go for a blood sample and for Days I was crapping myself about it, I took a diazapam and I was fine, I told the nurse about my conditions and she laid me down, I asked my Wife to talk to me about anything and I didnt even feel it, Nurse said all done, I was like, eh? LOL

Phobias are a Nightmare, Doctors and Hospitals scare the shite out of me.

For Years and Years I never needed to go to Dr's, the last year or so I am always in there! LOL
Going into see the GP doesn't bother me as such, its the sodding waiting room I can't stand!!!

Take care,

Wayne