PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Help,

chelseablue
29-05-08, 00:17
Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to say it is great to have found this forum and I have been reading with great interest.

I think I am suffering from panic disorder and would love for some advice on the sypmtons and best treatments. I am 23 and until recently was living what I considered to be a happy life-long term girlfriend, good job and not too many worries. I suffered my first attack at the wheel I knew my car was breaking down and for a long while was trying to coax it back to the garage I felt a little keyed up but not too bad, however when it finally did break down on a busy roundabout I was convinced I was having a heart attack, everything was spinning, my arms when numb, heart pounding, dizzy and also crying uncontrollably (not a pretty sight) anyway I managed to get the car recovered, during the time I was waiting I breathed deeply into my hands and counted backwards from 100 just walking around - I had never suffered panic before but these just seemed like very natural things to do after getting my car fixed I felt fine and drove home.

I didn't think too much off it and just put it down to my reaction to a stressful situation, however 2 weeks later when I was driving at night I suffered the same syptoms but they seemed a lot more severe I literally had to run away from the car and home, this time they did not pass as easily and went on for about 3 hours (is this normal) I thought I was developing a phobia of the car but then the episodes started happening at work and at home (during the night) it feels as if my world is closing in, I live in London and find it hard getting on busses and the tube especially if they are busy. I left London for a few weeks back at home in the country to recharge by batteries-is this the right thing to do or am I just running away?

I have been to the doctors and had lots of test my initial blood tests came back as low B12 but further tests indicated that it was only just below normal-doctors said that this vitamin is being used up by my anxeity. The thing that is really puzzling me is the sypmtons during the times when I am not having an attack seem, these are constant and seem to be varied 1 week one thing the next week another! - Am I just being paranoid but the anxeity seems to be moving around my body - it started with stinging pains in the arms and light headedness, then headaches and vision problems (floaters and quite often seeing stars for 10seconds) now I am experiencing problems when getting up from sitting and lying (postual hypotension) is this normal? if anything my heart rate seems to have slowed in recent weeks, recently I have been quite often waking up to find my arms and legs have pins and needles and I need to wake them up, are these symptoms normal? it anything they are worrying me more, altough I am quite relaxed being back home, even when meeting up with old friend in town for a drink I am fine, my worry is when I get back to big bad London things will fall apart.

Any help appreciated - thanks for reading

Danny

DeniseB
29-05-08, 00:37
Hi Danny!

Completely common! your experiance! your car braking down was a stressful situation and you started to associate those feelings in situations after the event. Surprising how this can esculate without us realising to the point the we feel in a constant state of panic!

Great initial responce - breathing into your hands - look at all the hints and tips on here. Symptoms - reponses and how to manage these feelings x

Keep us updated!

Denise x

Cathy V
29-05-08, 00:44
Hi Danny, welcome to nmp. As denise said theres lots of advice if you need it, and keep posting and sharing your feelings with ppl who know how you feel.

Best wishes
Cathy xx :sofa:

Southern_Belle
29-05-08, 13:28
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the site. Many here understand how you feel and you will get support. I never knew that having anxiety could make you deficient in Vitamin B12. I was and still am so deficient that I have to give myself shots and have for over a year now. You learn something new every day on this site!

Many hugs,

Laura

Pink Panic
29-05-08, 13:52
Hi Danny and Welcome :hugs:

It's great here and you will meet some lovely people.

Love
Pink
xxx

Lindalou64
29-05-08, 20:29
Hello Danny And Welcome...i Wish Ya Well............linda

milly jones
29-05-08, 20:33
hi danny,

welcome to our nmp family

the site is packed with loads of ideas and tips and sensible advice from ppl who undersatnd

milly xx

chalky
29-05-08, 21:26
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
30-05-08, 06:59
Hi Danny

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

mandie
01-06-08, 22:04
Hi Danny

:welcome:

mandie