PDA

View Full Version : blood clot worry

louise0501
29-05-08, 03:23
hey, i just noticed this purple mark on my leg and i'm terrified its a blood clot. at first i thought it was a bruise but i don't remember banging myself and it doesn't hurt wen i touch like bruises normally do.
Please reply ASAP
Luv Louise

Toast
29-05-08, 03:29
Louise try to not worry yourself.

It is probably just a varicose vein.

Can you describe it to me more, where on your leg is it? What size is it? Does it hurt at all?

Toast

louise0501
29-05-08, 03:31
it doesn't really hurt, i have a few aches and pains but i think thats where i'm tired. it's on the back of my lower leg and its not that big but its not tiny either.
Please reply ASAP
Many Thanks
Louise

Toast
29-05-08, 03:33
Ok,

Do you smoke?
How old are you?
Have you had major surgery in the past 6 weeks?
Are you within healthy weight target, e.g BMI 18-24?
Do you have a family history of blot clots?

Toast

louise0501
29-05-08, 03:35
okay
i don't smoke
i'm 21
i have had no major surgery
i'm overweight though.
no family history
please reply ASAP
Many Thanks
Louise

Toast
29-05-08, 03:42
Ok Louise,
you must appreciate that I can't see your leg over the internet, but from what you tell me, it does not sound like a bloot clot at all. You are not in a high risk category for having a blood clot. I really don't think it is likely at all.

However if you are still worried about this later visit your GP.

In the meantime I recommend that you relax...I think the fact that you posted here shows you know you are having anxiety.

I hope i have been able to reassure you. Things always look worse at night. Have some water, get some sleep and if you feel you need to just do some gentle leg exercises. So lift your leg and make little circles with your toe by rotating your foot fromt the ankle, then flex the foot up and down from the ankle.

Please don't worry anymore.
Lots of hugs.

Toast. x

louise0501
29-05-08, 03:44
thanks toast for the reassurance, i'm gonna go to bed now coz i have to be up early.

Toast
29-05-08, 03:45
Night night, take care xxx

ladygrom
29-05-08, 03:51
hi louise ive actualy had dvt which is blood clot in my leg and i rely dnt think you have one i didnt have bruise my leg swelled twice size of other one and i cudnt walk hope this as reasured you a little tc elaine xxxxx