PDA

View Full Version : pannick attacks earlymorning or late at nights

Janvi
29-05-08, 10:01
Hi,

I sometimes get pannick attacks with palpitations at night especially at (1/2/3/4 or 5.00 am) in the morning. Does anyone suffer from same. Plse help me out. Moreover I want to have a baby but is afraid due to my anxiety. Plse advice.

Regds,

Janvi

nomorepanic
29-05-08, 15:51
Try this ...

http://anxietymadewell.com/way_to_happiness/morning_anxiety_causes.html

charmain24
29-05-08, 19:07
hi janvi i already had one child but was desperate for another but i was too afraid due to my anxiety and panic attacks. ive had them 5 years now. ive recently had another child who is now 5 months old and it was the best thing i have ever done. when finding out i was pregnant i handled it better than i ever thought i would. when it actually happens you deal with it differently to the way u think u would. hope this makes you feel bit better xxxxxx

milly jones
29-05-08, 19:14
hun i did get pas in the night frequently

id wake up hysterical and sweating, sometimes aware of what i was worrying about but nots always. my heart would be racing and breathing was difficult, like an asthma attack.

i have been taking citalopram for 2 months now and although i have other difficulties the medication does enable me to sleep thru the night now. ive had 2 weeks now of unbroken nights.

u are not alone

milly xx

teresasavin
29-05-08, 19:39
Hi Janvi,

I only ever really suffer with panic attacks at night. I will go to sleep for about an hour or so and then be woken up with them. I find it really difficult to manage as its not like there is a reason for them happening i.e. like if a panic attack is bought on from being in a crowded place etc.

I feel like i dont want to go to bed because Im scared of having them and Im so tired all the time too. I take propronilol before I go to bed and they do help a bit. In fact i been back to the Drs today because of my anxiety and panic attacks and i have been put on anti-depressents again (3 years after coming off them prior).

Im getting married in October and im so desperate to have a baby after Im married but like you my anxiety/panic is taking over me. I dont worry so much about the pregnancy but all I can think of is the birth itself and how im going to have a heart attack whilst in labour or stop breathing etc. Like you its controlling me so much Im scared out of my brain to get pregnant.

I thought I was the only person to feel like this so Im kind of glad I came across your post.

Hope everything improves for you. Feel free to pm me if you like.

Teresa

decca
29-05-08, 20:23
Nicola,
Thanks for posting the link -
http://anxietymadewell.com/way_to_ha...ty_causes.html (http://anxietymadewell.com/way_to_happiness/morning_anxiety_causes.html)

We can all learn a lot from there.

Decca.

hello01
29-05-08, 21:55
Hi
Hi Janvi and others,
Are you on any medication for your panic attacks?
After being on Citalopram for two years (ive been off them 3 months) im starting to feel paniky again. i hope to have a baby one day, but im wondering if I could do 9 months without taking any meds. Citalopram really changed my life for the better fot the two years I was taking it, it completly stopped my anxiety...

charmain24
29-05-08, 23:09
hiya teresasavin after reading your post i thought i would put ur mind at rest ive been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for 5 years now they controlled my life i eventually got house bound i had a physciatrist come out on a weekly basis to come and see me.i then started my recovery i was diagnosed with anxiety disorder panic and agraphobia. even now i find it very hard to get in the car and go on holiday i cant travel far i get home sick. i remember lying in bed thinking i would never live a normal life ill never go on holiday again or have another child or work again ive done all 3 now when i found out last yr i was preg i wanted to die i started having distressing thoughts that i was going to die when i went into labour. and i dealt with it all fine even now i look at my 5 month old son and think how did i do it but so glad i did he was the best thing i have ever done as i didnt want my other son to be a lonely child. ull be fine when the time actually comes i was worried bout the birth the hospital and how hot it was going to be in there but i dealt with it and u will too xxxxxx

noonoo
30-05-08, 07:58
Evening/night time is when I feel most panicky. I don't even know why :wacko:

xxxxxxx

PanicsAlot
30-05-08, 08:43
I have this...and often it makes me more panicky due to there being no logical reason for me to feel that way, ie im not at work! I woke up got out of bed this morning and the whole room was spinning, SO dizzy and I have put it down to anxiety or panic. I'm off to the doctors this morning and want to have every test under the sun but worrying that they'll think im a hypocondriac! I just want to be sure there isn't anything physically wrong, esp as I was told by the opticians that my eyes are fine!!

teresasavin
30-05-08, 22:49
Thanks Charmaine, its nice to you that you can have a life after panic attacks. Maybe the joy of having a child might overcome the fear and anxiety, which is what I am hoping but reading your reply has certainly made me think a bit more positive about the experience. All the best to you and your babies.