PDA

View Full Version : Drained and Exhausted

mlondon
29-05-08, 14:12
For some of you that have read my other posts, you'll know how things have been going for the past year. It is almost a year since my first panic attack on the 5th of June. It makes me want to cry when i think of how care free and how easy things were a year ago before the attack. I see myself as someone who was then happy but is not now. Though perhaps it is a time to reflect. After my first panic attack things quickly spiralled anf got worse. I felt so anxious leaving the house but then began to feel anxious inside the house. In the end I moved back in with my mum convinced I was going to die. I can't even say what I thought I was going to die of I was just convinced I would.

With the help of CBT and medication, I managed to move back in with my boyfriend, managed to get a job, managed to go to Australia with my mum to see my family. I April I began to come off medication and I am still in the process of doing so.

But I still have that fuzz in my head, I can't get excited about anything and even though the symptoms have decreased I still feel anxious when I do things. I have a whole list of exciting things happening this summer, a festival, visiting a friend in Amsterdam and starting a MSc degree. But I feel like the things I have to do are on a conveyer belt and I just pass through them without much excitement.

The thing that gets me the most is I feel exhausted all the time and drained. I constantly have a fuzz in my head. Sometimes I feel flat. I just know that this isn't right and don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling like this.

I am scared of relapse and can't help but think it was a year ago surely I should feel myself again.

Any comments appreciated.

mandie
29-05-08, 16:34
Hi

I can relate to alot of your post.

I keep wishing i could go back to how i was before my panic attacks.

Iv got this fuzzy head, and i just feel im going through the motions but not getting anything out of life. its like i have no emotion anymore

Im tired all the time to.

Look how well u have come though, seems to me like u have done great.

Im coming off my meds to and my dr said the fuzzy head should lift once im off the tablets.

take care

love mandie x

mlondon
29-05-08, 16:50
Thanks Mandie!

dawny
29-05-08, 17:46
oh m its lovely to see you here again......

well done on australia.....

i like you, wondered if i would ever get excited about things again, and yes after a while i did start to feel emotions (other than fear) and the fuzzy cotton wool head started to go away....

....good luck mate and im so happy that things are getting better for you

love dawny