PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, pleased to be here

nath
29-05-08, 19:16
Ok, im nath, 30 yrs old and have been suffering for about 12yrs with anxiety, panic attacks and pure ocd. Ive always had habits even at a young age, but im really struggling at the moment. Ive been through 4 bouts of depression and im terrified of going back into the darkness again. The anxiety im having problems with is stupid thoughts about my girlfriend, like shes cheated on me and i will never know. Its so irrational because i know she hasnt. But i cant seem to forget it. Its got out of control, but knowing that i cant say anything to her or it will get worse, ocd feeds on it. I feel scared and dont know what to do. shes reassured me lots of times but theres always something new to ask. Ive read lots about these anxiety issues, but im i just not going to get better this time and stay lock with my painful thoughts?
I cant eat and cant sleep that much, with my stressful job, dont know if i can cope. Please help. x

milly jones
29-05-08, 19:21
welcome nath,

i too have a stressful job and causes my anx and negative thinking.

i spent many years trying to push my hb away to test his love.

its very hard on partners, but hopefully you and her may gain advice and support on nmp

take care

millyx

nath
29-05-08, 19:40
Thanks for replying, its not really my job thats the problem, it help if anything.
But its the doubting all the time and negative feelings. Its like i have to know things 100 percent or else. Is it ok to have these thoughts and keep them inside your head? I dont want to think bad thoughts of my girlfriend.

nath

belle
29-05-08, 20:03
Hi and welcome :)

x

Lindalou64
29-05-08, 20:25
Hello Nath And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well......linda

chalky
29-05-08, 21:31
Hi Nath,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
30-05-08, 07:02
Hi Nath

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
30-05-08, 12:20
Hi Nath,

Welcome to the forum. Have you been hurt before by a cheating girlfriend? If so, this could be why you are worrying so much about it. If it continues to rule your life you might need some counseling. I would not tell your girlfriend these thoughts all the time because you might drive her away. If you do, however, have a good reason to ask questions, then do. OCD is tricky that is why I suggest counseling, it can retrain how you think. CBT is wonderful. I have OCD just in another form so I do know what you are going through and I wish you luck. You will get support here so I am glad you have found us.

Many hugs,

Laura

kellie
30-05-08, 20:15
Hiya Nath :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Take a good look around the site and keep posting about whatever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx