PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the big picture

Balanced Concepts
29-05-08, 20:55
Hello,

I've read a few of the discussion in the forum and thought that I'd let you know that, as a holistic healer, I see all symptoms of an underlying nutritional deficiency. As we all know, our food is severly nutritionally deficient in minerals and vitamins. That's why so many people who feel anxiety are usually deficient in Zinc and Magnesium.
Most people who suffer from depression are deficient in minerals and omega 3. We should be getting a higher ratio of Omega 3 than Omega 6 in our diet but our diet consists mostly of sources of Omega 6. They both compete to be absorbed in our digestive tract so we develop a deficiency in Omega 3. Omega 3 helps to repair cells and make them flexible so they can transmit messages and create chemical reactions efficiently. When we are deficient in Omega 3, our cells don't "communicate" as effectively and we feel "depressed".
Another thought to consider is that our food is full of pesticides, fertilizers, and the meat we eat is full of anti-biotics and hormones. All these chemicals not only build up in our body as toxins, but they block chemical reactions from occuring naturally in our body. For example, they synthesize estrogen and block the estrogen receptors so we can "fake" estrogen....to put it in simpler terms.
Another thing to consider is that a lot of people have taken medications in the past, either in the form of vaccinations, prescriptions, antiobiotics, birth control pill. These all destroy the good bacteria and natural flora in our digestive tract. The good bacteria normally keeps candida under check, but once the bacteria is destroyed, the candida starts to form roots that grow through our digestive tract and emits over 70 toxins which tend to accumulate in our weaker organs.
If we think about how healing was for thousands of years, it was always about trying to balance the body....therefore treating the cause. Since the 1930's, the medical system started to look at symptoms and treating symptoms rather then the cause.....
There is a lot more to consider but I will give this food for thought for now.
Balanced Concepts

chalky
29-05-08, 21:38
Hi BalancedConcepts,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you for a very interesting and informative opening post.
You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Cathy V
29-05-08, 22:10
Hi there balancedconcepts, thanks so much for your post it was really interesting. In particular about the missing zinc and magnesium which i think ive heard of before....at various intervals over the last 32 years. So the next time i'm on my knees in Tescos, can't get my breath and feel like i'm choking i'll just dig some zinc out of my bag instead of the prozac then, that should do the trick!

Sorry if i'm offending anyone but if zinc, magnesium and omega 3, 6, 26 or 78 was all that was between me and recovery i wouldnt be on nmp today.

I know you probably mean well and people here are very kind, so alot of members will give your post alot of support, but for me personally its just a teeensy bit patronizing, sorry :blush:

Best wishes
Cathy V
(i'm a nice person really :noangel: .....honest)

Lilith1980
30-05-08, 07:07
Hi Balanced Concepts

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
30-05-08, 12:21
Hi Balanced Concepts.

Welcome to the site.

Laura

Lindalou64
30-05-08, 12:32
Hell Balanced Concepts And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well........linda

kellie
30-05-08, 15:57
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: .
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. hope to talk to you soon in chat.
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
30-05-08, 17:03
welcome to nmp

milly x