PDA

View Full Version : Going away is playing on my mind

mlondon
29-05-08, 23:14
Hi

I have planned a trip to Holland to see a good friend who has lived there for the past year. I have been putting it off since she moved but it is her birthday. This is a really big hurdle for me. What makes it worse is she is unable to meet me when I arrive. I have to get a bus from the airport to the train station and then a train for 50 mins. What if I panic and can't think straight, I am trully scared I am going to panic and end up lost and alone and die. I know that sounds extreme but that is my biggest fear and just thinking about it makes my head fuzzy.

I am not going until July and don't want to keep thinking about it until then as it will only make it worse.

Any suggestions....

jodie
30-05-08, 08:25
hiya

i feel just the same if i am going away

why not try take mp3,books ect to take your mind off thinking bad things i am sure you wont get lost or any of the other stuff your stressing about you will be just fine i think it is just us and the way we think .

good luck and try have a nice time

jodie x

juanna
30-05-08, 09:37
:) you need to speak to your friend about your anxiety; otherwise i fear; you may not be able to go...
Perhaps you can arrange for a friend to take you to the airport ;and then ask your friend to meet you the other end; or perhaps she can send a friend ,to meet you if she can't do it herself..
If your friend doesn't understand your fear; then it's probably best not to go, as she's obviously not a very good friend..
Good luck with whatever you decide. Juanna

domino
30-05-08, 10:10
Hi , i can relate to this also, i,m going on holiday on the 9th of june, really looking forward to the rest but i,m dreading the journey.It,s only to wiltshire but the thought of the m42, m5 and whatever other roads we take to get there. i,ve done it before but it,s the same feeling everytime.In fact i,ve just got off the phone to my g.p. and am going to se him next week for some diazapam just to take the edge off my anxiety.I would love tobe able to sit in front of the car too instead i end up in the back seat and i feel quite alone. My husband is soooo goood to put up with it. I will take my nintendo ds, music and the good old bottle of water along for the ride. Good luck with your trip to holland.

nessa
30-05-08, 11:11
I relate to how you are feeling I am going to france in august have to fly
I am really worried I will have a huge panic attack on the plane and end up
having a heart attack dont want to tell my family as they just think Im a
head case.