PDA

View Full Version : I am soooo glad I found all of you

Butterflygirl
30-05-08, 02:20
I thought I was alone. I am sure many of you have said the same thing. I have been like this since a teenager, reading medical books and thinking I had something horrible. THEN the Internet came and all of this information out there can drive anyone crazy. I found myself getting really bad when my mother passed away from pancreatic cancer two years ago. Since then I have been horrified of getting cancer myself. I am only 37 years old, but I fear I will get cancer. Right now I have an ovarian cyst. I went to the ER on Wednesday and they did tests. I even had a huge panic attach and thought I was dying from a heart attack. I went to the gyno. yesterday and he said it is not cancer. BUT, I still do not believe him. I have spent half the day today looking into ovarian cancer. I will be seeing the gyno again on Thursday for a recheck, but I wish I could see him everyday. I have been making myself sick and I actually feel sick over this. I could not even drive myself home today from the store because I was about to have a panic attack in the car.

I must say though. I do feel better now that I have read many of your stories. I feel better that I am not alone and there are others like me. I actually do not feel as sick now - so thanks guys. <taking a deep breath>

mandie
30-05-08, 10:47
Hi

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your mother.

Lots of people have fears about their health on here, I myself have thought i have had all sorts of illnesses.

I feel so much better for knowing this site

love mandie x

mary8
30-05-08, 16:01
Hi
I am sorry to hear about your Mum, that must have been terrible for you and I can understand why you now have this fear of cancer.
I have suffered from Health Anxiety for over 30 years and get very upset when I think back about all the time and energy I have wasted worrying about deadly illnesses I thought I had.
Please don't worry about your cyst, I too had one on one of my ovaries but the consultant told me it looked completely normal and would probably just go away on its own. Apparently most women get cysts on their ovaries every cycle which they aren't even aware of and they just go of their own accord. Remember what your Gyno. told you, he is the expert so please beleive what he is telling you.
Take care.