PDA

View Full Version : Could 6 months of stress anxiety bring on angina?

uppy1
30-05-08, 15:47
Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been having an aching jaw (on and off) along with aches in the chest. I am still excercising (bit afraid). 13 miles on bike every other day. Since starting with panic disorder over 18 years ago (now 43), I have been to casualty about 4 times (ECG'S clear and bloods) last one 12 months ago again clear. Could I have possibly developed angina (my blood pressure is high at times because of stress anxiety). My body feels like it's been trapped in a vice. This started with me having Gerd (which ironically seems to have cleared up) and me awaiting the endoscopy (June 3rd).

I am currently on the verge of going to A&E, to ask for another ECG. Part of me says " I've been here before" and the other says " are you sure it's not serious this time. If I go and they find nothing I will feel ashamed and a fraud and by the same tune if they find something (like angina heart desease) I would be devastated because I have always tried to keep my self fit and active. I am pushing myself to continue playing sport Badminton 2 hours a week Football 1 hour plus bike rides.

The reason why I am on the bike is to get some practice in for the Manchester to Blackpool Bike ride (charity event in aid of Christie's Hospital cancer).

I am so frightened of letting people down (sponsors), I am getting quite depressed I am not enjoying anything. My whole posture and demeanour is terrible.

Sorry to rant on

Thanks for listening

Uppy:shrug:

randomworry
27-06-08, 22:10
hiya hope the bike ride went well and you are feeling a lot better now
did u raise loadsa cash!

Grumpy_guts
27-06-08, 22:25
Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been having an aching jaw (on and off) along with aches in the chest. I am still excercising (bit afraid). 13 miles on bike every other day. Since starting with panic disorder over 18 years ago (now 43), I have been to casualty about 4 times (ECG'S clear and bloods) last one 12 months ago again clear. Could I have possibly developed angina (my blood pressure is high at times because of stress anxiety). My body feels like it's been trapped in a vice. This started with me having Gerd (which ironically seems to have cleared up) and me awaiting the endoscopy (June 3rd).

I am currently on the verge of going to A&E, to ask for another ECG. Part of me says " I've been here before" and the other says " are you sure it's not serious this time. If I go and they find nothing I will feel ashamed and a fraud and by the same tune if they find something (like angina heart desease) I would be devastated because I have always tried to keep my self fit and active. I am pushing myself to continue playing sport Badminton 2 hours a week Football 1 hour plus bike rides.

The reason why I am on the bike is to get some practice in for the Manchester to Blackpool Bike ride (charity event in aid of Christie's Hospital cancer).

I am so frightened of letting people down (sponsors), I am getting quite depressed I am not enjoying anything. My whole posture and demeanour is terrible.

Sorry to rant on

Thanks for listening

Uppy:shrug:

Hi there,

Hope the bike ride went well, if you went on it.

With regards your question, I'm no expert but my Nan suffers from angina and has in fact got chronic heart disease. Her angina is caused by two of her arteries being blocked up.

Again, I'm no expert but I believe this doesn't happen over night and if you had clear ECGs as recently as a year ago, I think it's pretty unlikely your arteries have clogged up in that time, especially considering your level of exercise and fitness!

I also think if there really IS anything seriously wrong then 13 miles on the bike would show it up!! Again, my Nan has angina and can't make her bed without suffering an attack!

I know how you feel, I suffer with similar anxiety about my heart and especially exercising - I only wish I could bike 13 miles in one go!

Keep up the good exercise, you're probably fitter and healthier than 90% of the people here lol

Cheers,
Terry

---------------- Now playing: DJ Ivory (from the P Brothers) - Heavy Bronx 23 (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/dj+ivory/track/heavy+bronx+23) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)