PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Vlad

vladimir3d
30-05-08, 16:27
Hi, I'm Vlad, uhm a little about me, I am 28 years old. I have been diagnosed with major depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (fancy way of saying I have emotional problems).

I have been struggling with depression since early 1997 and thought I have climbed out of it since. Recently I began to struggle with depression again because of so many stressful and negative things going on in my life right now at the same time.

I really have no one to talk to, so I tend to keep things inside and over a period of time they tend to build up. Right now I am holding myself together not for myself but for someone important in my life, but the return of depression is making things more and more difficult.

I have been sleeping once every 2 days and begin to slowly lose my appetite altogether. Right now I am pushing myself very hard to accomplish all the things I need to accomplish on daily basis, I am sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel but its getting harder and harder to see it.

I am dealing with IRS, NYC Dept of Housing, I am trying to find my own place to live (which isn't going very well), I am working part time right now and do ebay business on the side, I am also dealing with government SSI and apartment housing program; all this almost every day, and on top of it my parents give me alot of stress every chance they get.

Thanks for listening so far.

milly jones
30-05-08, 16:39
hi vlad,

im milly, f43 from wales

i have social phobia and anx disorder, and have just been diagnosed as regressing into 2nd depressive episode

nmp is a great place to talk to others who have difficulties and who really understand and empathise with these conditions

welcome Milly xxxx

vladimir3d
30-05-08, 16:55
thank you milly for the welcome. I know I need to keep fighting, but I don't know how much fight I have left in me.

I guess I am mentally and emotionally exhausted at this point, but I don't dare to throw in a towel, I feel like I need a break. I need some stability and certainty in my life, I guess the uncertainty of what is going to happen if it happens and when is beginning to seriously wear me down at this point.

milly jones
30-05-08, 16:57
aww hugs vlad

hope nmp helps a little hun,

were all here to listen and chat to

milly x

Southern_Belle
30-05-08, 17:04
Hi Vladimir,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who will understand how you are feeling and you will find support. I suffer with anxiety and OCD. It seems to me that you have an awful lot on your plate right now. Is there anyone who can help you sort some of these things out? Do you have any sort of counseling? If your parents are causing extra stress instead of being supportive perhaps you could tell them what you need from them right now. I'm so glad you found us.

Many hugs,

Laura

vladimir3d
30-05-08, 17:19
Hi Vladimir,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who will understand how you are feeling and you will find support. I suffer with anxiety and OCD. It seems to me that you have an awful lot on your plate right now. Is there anyone who can help you sort some of these things out? Do you have any sort of counseling? If your parents are causing extra stress instead of being supportive perhaps you could tell them what you need from them right now. I'm so glad you found us.

Many hugs,

Laura

I don't find counseling helps, because after everything is said and done I still have the same problems on my hands. I went to therapy for a very long time, I still do, it helps only minimaly.

I told my parents many times over what I need from them and they simply cannot understand or unwilling to understand. I think they have some kind of metal helmets over their heads and nothing I say ever gets through.

Lilith1980
30-05-08, 18:02
Hi Vlad

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

vladimir3d
30-05-08, 19:03
thanks lilith

kellie
30-05-08, 20:12
Hiya Vlad :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Take a good look around the site and keep posting about whatever is on your mind and we will help as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

chalky
30-05-08, 20:49
Hi Vlad,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

vladimir3d
30-05-08, 22:55
thanks everyone for being so nice to me, i appreciate it. i'm gonna go and lie down for a bit, I feel bleh.

Lindalou64
31-05-08, 01:08
hello vlad and welcome....wish ya well........linda

Nibbles
01-06-08, 20:38
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

marie1974
01-06-08, 20:43
hi there and welcome i have parents similar to yours you tell them one thing and they hear something totally different, i have given up they never really listen to me at all. i am having cbt and love it its given me loads of confidence and dunno how i managed without it. u will get some great advice on here and make new friends hugs xxx