PDA

View Full Version : A change of scenery

popsy
30-05-08, 18:48
If people have read my posts before they probably know poorly i have been for the last 5 months with severe anx/panic/depression and agraphobia at times.
Ive been putting off visiting my mum who lives 2 and half hours away in the car (round the dreaded M25) for the whole of this time as i felt there was no way i could cope with it. :scared15:
Anyway, the time came on wednesday for me to have to go and visit her (i couldnt make excuses anymore) along with my two young children and partner. I was dreading it for weeks before, was so worried about it, the long journey, staying away from home, no safe place etc etc.....

But finally i did it!!! And do you know what, it was fine, yes i had some anx but it was controllable and no worse than at home, in fact i think less!!!
Claire Weekes talks of a change of scenery as a break for a tired mind and its soooo true, i feel so proud of myself, i feel different, i feel like ive truely given my mind a break, i dont know why, i cant explain it, but i do!!!
Its as though my anx didnt associate itself so much with where i was, there wasnt the triggers there or something....maybe?
I just wanted to tell people on here and the great friends i have made here too, I DID IT, i stayed away from home for three days and i truely enjoyed myself!!!! :yahoo:
Im not expecting to be cured or for my anx to never return, but the slight relief i am feeling at the moment is bliss!!!!
So thank you for all those who encouraged me to go and texted me on my travels....and do you know what, if i can do it, anyone can!!!!! :hugs:
:bighug1:

Trixie
30-05-08, 18:50
If people have read my posts before they probably know poorly i have been for the last 5 months with severe anx/panic/depression and agraphobia at times.
Ive been putting off visiting my mum who lives 2 and half hours away in the car (round the dreaded M25) for the whole of this time as i felt there was no way i could cope with it. :scared15:
Anyway, the time came on wednesday for me to have to go and visit her (i couldnt make excuses anymore) along with my two young children and partner. I was dreading it for weeks before, was so worried about it, the long journey, staying away from home, no safe place etc etc.....

But finally i did it!!! And do you know what, it was fine, yes i had some anx but it was controllable and no worse than at home, in fact i think less!!!
Claire Weekes talks of a change of scenery as a break for a tired mind and its soooo true, i feel so proud of myself, i feel different, i feel like ive truely given my mind a break, i dont know why, i cant explain it, but i do!!!
Its as though my anx didnt associate itself so much with where i was, there wasnt the triggers there or something....maybe?
I just wanted to tell people on here and the great friends i have made here too, I DID IT, i stayed away from home for three days and i truely enjoyed myself!!!! :yahoo:
Im not expecting to be cured or for my anx to never return, but the slight relief i am feeling at the moment is bliss!!!!
So thank you for all those who encouraged me to go and texted me on my travels....and do you know what, if i can do it, anyone can!!!!! :hugs:
:bighug1:

Well done:yesyes::yesyes:

neptuno
30-05-08, 18:58
Well done - you are truly on the road to recovery ! You now have real experience and evidence that panic comes because we are afraid of it. And you know what - even if you do panic again it won't matter so much because at last you understand that you are doing it to yourself - you've learned the secret. Keep on motoring !
Be kind to yourself

Pink Panic
30-05-08, 19:44
WOW .... well done you :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

I'm so happy to read of your success. :hugs:

Love
Pink
xxx

Cathy V
30-05-08, 20:07
Well done charlie thats brilliant. Things can only get better :D

Cathy xxx

mandie
30-05-08, 22:49
Thats great, really pleased for you

mandie x

Lindalou64
31-05-08, 01:21
Well Done ...keep Up The Good Work...........linda

DeniseB
31-05-08, 01:38
:hugs: :hugs: Well done pops!!

Sometimes the thought of it worse than doing it - which U have just proved to yourself!:)

Keep at it x

Denise

jesse08
31-05-08, 06:26
Well Done Popsy, this is so good to read ; that you feel you managed to overcome your fears and anxiety about the visit.:yesyes:

popsy
31-05-08, 15:30
Aww thanks guys for al your kind words it all means so much to me! :grouphug:
I am coming to realise the thought of a situation is often far worse than actually doing it (well for me anyway). I know im not cured or about to go travelling round the world or anything but i am proud of myself and i can truely say i havent felt like that for a long time!!!
It has given me the confidence that when i do have a bad day i can look back at and say i really can get there again! Because i truely now know i can! :okay:
This site and its wonderful sensitive (cos thats all we are!) members has, and continues to give me soooo much....thank you, thank you, thank you. :hugs: :flowers: C xxxx