PDA

View Full Version : Should I try it?

tattybear
12-04-05, 10:19
Ive not yet started my anxiety managmenet therapy, but im after some advise.

I was wondering if anyones had hypnotherapy to help with panic attacks and anxiety and how this went for them and whether they found it works and for how long?

I am so fed up of feeling anxious about social situations and having panic attacks esp when im in places .

Any suggestions and comments would really halp.

Thanks!

Tatty B xx

kirgray
12-04-05, 12:06
Hi Tatty B!

Ive suffered for years with Panic attacks, 2 years ago I was bad and had to leave my Job because of them. I tried to sort my panic attacks then, someone told me to try Hypnotherapy, I tried it, I gave it 3 sessions I always went away feeling very relaxed and calm, but I gave it up thinking it wasnt going to help me...I wished Id stuck at it!3 years later and here I am again and they are worse than ever!. You could give it a go there is no harm in trying!.I will tell you this they are expensive the sessions I paid about £40 for 1 hour, and you do feel like a plonker at first but then you get into it!. Let me know if you give it a go. Good Luck hunny X X

Tracy68
12-04-05, 13:16
Hi Tatty
I've not personally tried it but i think a few here have. I'd give it a go, what have you got to lose. How great would it feel to be free from all the anxiety :D.
Keep us posted on how it goes and good luck with it.
Take care
Tracy
x

tattybear
12-04-05, 13:25
Hi

Thanks you two...

Yes I know..I cant wait for the day to be free from it! or even have it under control!

Im going for a drink with a couple of mates tonight...very scary! first to to a pub in months, but we're going to a small local one iwth a garden to sit in, so im hoping it wont be too bad!

Tatty B xx

Tracy68
12-04-05, 13:35
That's great Tatty and at least it is a small pub so you won't feel overwhelmed with it all.
Have a great time and a drink for me :D.
Tracy
x

kairen
12-04-05, 16:43
hi tatty

I havent tried it but there are a few on here who have, it's something i've always wanted to do but it is costly, it just sounds so relaxing

i've had a full body massage with oils and the lovely music and that was bliss but obviousley the effect arent long lasting,

do let us know if you do and what it was like

xxx

kairen x

carlin
12-04-05, 18:18
Hi tatty,
I had hypnotherapy last year, i was very bad with anxiety and didn't think i would be able to make it on our holiday. Well it did seem to work, 'cos i did make it on holls. i had 3 sessions, but as previoulsy stated at £70 per session (i'm in central London) it is not an option that i can continue with, but on saying that you have nothing to lose, go for it, good luck and keep in touch.

seh1980
12-04-05, 19:25
Give it a go Tatty!! You have nothing to lose..:D

sal
13-04-05, 00:05
Tatty

As Sarah says you have nothing to lose so give it a go and see how you feel with it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.