PDA

View Full Version : scared

janeybaby25
31-05-08, 11:00
Hi all, I joined this site as I need to know other people feel the same way as I do as I feel so alone.

It started last yr when the doc gave me some different tablets for my IBS. The dose he gave me was too strong & nearly made me pass out & resulted in a trip to A&E. The week before that my Grandad had died so i had a panic attack at the same time. Since then, I must have ended up on A&E so many times thinking I had a problem with my heart (I have a heart condition) but I am so convinced I am just going to keel over & die & no one will be there to help me. Everytime I ended up on A&E my ECG's always came back as normal & as I have to go for heart checking every 6 mths anyway everything is always ok.

I started seeing a therepist, she was so helpful & in about Oct 2007 I stopped seeing her as I was so much better & felt so well again. But now I seam to be having a relaspe & am getting panic attacks again. I feel like my boyfriend doesn't understand me & my family too & keep thinking that if something was actually wrong with my heart, they wouldn't call for help as they would just think I am having another panic attack. I just keep thinking my heart is going to stop & I am going to just collapse & thats going to be it & I am so scared of it happening. I feel dizzy & lightheaded all the time & shaky & I am constantley checking my pulse.

I don't want to feel this way. :weep:

Trixie
31-05-08, 11:16
You mention that you have a heart condition what is it? :)

janeybaby25
31-05-08, 11:31
I was born with a Fallots, a whole in my heart along with other things but had a total correction when was 18th mths old & I was fine for 23 yrs. Then I started getting palpatations & it turned out I had to have an ICD fitted. I am on medication to control these & my ICD is there as a back up. Which makes my anxiety even more stupid 'cos I know if they was anything actually wrong
with my heart my ICD would kick in & I would be ok. :doh:

janeybaby25
31-05-08, 11:32
that meant to say HOLE in my heart, not whole. doh. lol :)