PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

noonoo
31-05-08, 12:01
I haven't had my period in over a month now, and I was wondering with anxiety/panic/stress, could this be the cause of it stopping? I asked my mum if it's the Beta-blockers but she said they don't interfere with things like that.

And also just so you know i've never had sex, so it can't be that.

:huh:

xxxxxx

befuddled1
31-05-08, 12:31
Hi noonoo
Have you always had regular periods in the past?
I think anxiety and stress can have an effect on regularity of periods. I believe it has had some effect on mine in the past. It would probably be a good idea to have a chat with your GP if you carry on this way. I imagine he/she will say that there is probably nothing to worry about at present, but to keep an eye on how long it is before your next period etc.
Please don't worry about this (if it is the sort of thing you worry about?). Lots of things can affect periods - weight loss/gain, stress etc.
Hope that helps
Beth

noonoo
31-05-08, 12:36
My periods are usually on time and regular, it just took my notice this week that I haven't had one in over a month.

I will keep an eye on it though. I have been seeing if I can feel any cramps coming but there's nothing.

Thanks for your reply
xxx

Janieb
31-05-08, 13:28
stress and anx has been known to cause your period to be late, if it is still absent for another month I would go and speak to the docs there could be something small delaying it. Since you have not had sex I wouldn't obviously worry about pregnancy

kimmy
31-05-08, 16:12
periods can become irregular with stress hun, its very common!!! it also can depend on your body size too, if your very slim that can interfere with it too

noonoo
02-06-08, 09:56
I am slim but that's never effected my period before. Thankyou for your replies :hugs:

xxx

Emaa
02-06-08, 11:27
Anxiety and stress can cause you to have a late period yes, My periods are irregular. And my doc said it's stress :)

Tis nothing to worry about, go see your GP to ease your mind? :)

Emz xx

noonoo
17-06-08, 10:14
It's still not come back after I made this post a while ago. I'll go to the doctors if it carries on for much longer.

I have had cramps but nothing happens.

milly jones
17-06-08, 11:59
noo noo id nip to the docs just to check if u still havent had a period.

the others are right mine get all over the place when im stressed.

im older than u and i always wonder about menopause, but gp says not its anx.

i also cant possibly be pregnant but that doesnt stop me buying kits and testing, lol how paranoid is that.

try not to worry hun, anx breeds on our worries

take care

milly xx

juliana
17-06-08, 12:05
Yes definitely. It's happened to me a couple of times this year. If it doesn't come next month I'd just go to the doctors and get it checked out, it's normal though so don't worry about it :)

Charlottie
17-06-08, 12:23
Hya Nikki :)

noonoo
17-06-08, 13:44
Okay, thanks for all of your replies!!

Hey Charlotte :bighug1:

Charlottie
17-06-08, 16:54
Bahaha aww that smiley!

noonoo
19-06-08, 11:07
I've never been so happy to see my period. It came back today all on it's own!

xxx

Charlottie
20-06-08, 18:04
Hooray!

Sometimes the body does odd things.

scooby28
20-06-08, 19:21
Before i went on the pill being stressed and worrying when i thought i was late definitly made it even later, i could go 8 weeks wiothout having then they would last nearly two weeks which is why i went on the pill in the end to regulate and shorten them.